    refresh rate also most welcome. Right now I have it set to 1280x1024 at 75
    hz.Packard Bell site isnt much help....

    Ps; I also posted this in alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
    Peter, Feb 28, 2006

  2. Peter

    old jon Guest

    "Peter" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hi, I have a Packard Bell a726 monitor connected to a self built PC
    > (Asrock
    > k7s8x mobo, Athlon xp2200+, 512 mb ddr 2700, ATI Radeon 9250, Pioneer DVR
    > 110D dvd-rw). Downloaded several drivers, all supposed to be compatible
    > with
    > the monitor, but I cant get any of them installed in any way. After
    > install completion
    > monitor is still listed as standard monitor. I can set it to pnp monitor
    > but
    > there is no driver info available. I am using the Packard Bell coz my old
    > monitor is almost dead and I cant afford a new one at the moment.... any
    > help would be highly appreciated. Info on monitor resolutions with max
    > refresh rate also most welcome. Right now I have it set to 1280x1024 at 75
    > hz.Packard Bell site isnt much help....
    >
    > Ps; I also posted this in alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell

    Why don`t you have a check in Device Manager ?.
    Or even uninstall the Monitor there, and restart and let
    the machine re-find the Monitor.

    --
    bw..OJ
    old jon, Feb 28, 2006

  3. Peter

    Tony Guest

    "Peter" <> wrote in message
    > Hi, I have a Packard Bell a726 monitor connected to a self built PC
    > (Asrock
    > k7s8x mobo, Athlon xp2200+, 512 mb ddr 2700, ATI Radeon 9250, Pioneer DVR
    > 110D dvd-rw). Downloaded several drivers, all supposed to be compatible
    > with
    > the monitor, but I cant get any of them installed in any way. After
    > install completion
    > monitor is still listed as standard monitor. I can set it to pnp monitor
    > but
    > there is no driver info available. I am using the Packard Bell coz my old
    > monitor is almost dead and I cant afford a new one at the moment.... any
    > help would be highly appreciated. Info on monitor resolutions with max
    > refresh rate also most welcome. Right now I have it set to 1280x1024 at 75
    > hz.Packard Bell site isnt much help....
    >
    > Ps; I also posted this in alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell

    Why do you want to install a driver for a monitor if it is working? What do
    you mean the Packard Bell site is not much help - first item Google comes up
    with for monitor is the Packard Bell site with full spec for the monitor
    http://support.packardbell.com/uk/mypc/?PibItemNr=spec_a726&PibItemParent=platform_monitor_A726 .
    You have it set to the max resolution so can't see what advantage installing
    a driver would have.
    Tony, Feb 28, 2006
  4. Peter

    Peter Guest

    "old jon" <> schreef in bericht

    > "Peter" <> wrote in message
    >> Hi, I have a Packard Bell a726 monitor connected to a self built PC
    >> (Asrock
    >> k7s8x mobo, Athlon xp2200+, 512 mb ddr 2700, ATI Radeon 9250, Pioneer DVR
    >> 110D dvd-rw). Downloaded several drivers, all supposed to be compatible
    >> with
    >> the monitor, but I cant get any of them installed in any way. After
    >> install completion
    >> monitor is still listed as standard monitor. I can set it to pnp monitor
    >> but
    >> there is no driver info available. I am using the Packard Bell coz my old
    >> monitor is almost dead and I cant afford a new one at the moment.... any
    >> help would be highly appreciated. Info on monitor resolutions with max
    >> refresh rate also most welcome. Right now I have it set to 1280x1024 at
    >> 75
    >> hz.Packard Bell site isnt much help....
    >>
    >> Ps; I also posted this in alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
    >>

    > Why don`t you have a check in Device Manager ?.
    > Or even uninstall the Monitor there, and restart and let
    > the machine re-find the Monitor.
    >
    > --
    > bw..OJ

    I did all that, even by hand; rightclicked/installed the PB inf files,
    nothing works, I always end up with standardmonitor without drivers. My
    Radeon control Panel displays NO limits for moniter refresh rate, I could
    set it way beyond 100 hz. but that would probly kill the monitor...
    Peter, Feb 28, 2006
  5. Peter

    Peter Guest

    "Tony" <> schreef in bericht

    > "Peter" <> wrote in message
    >> Hi, I have a Packard Bell a726 monitor connected to a self built PC
    >> (Asrock
    >> k7s8x mobo, Athlon xp2200+, 512 mb ddr 2700, ATI Radeon 9250, Pioneer DVR
    >> 110D dvd-rw). Downloaded several drivers, all supposed to be compatible
    >> with
    >> the monitor, but I cant get any of them installed in any way. After
    >> install completion
    >> monitor is still listed as standard monitor. I can set it to pnp monitor
    >> but
    >> there is no driver info available. I am using the Packard Bell coz my old
    >> monitor is almost dead and I cant afford a new one at the moment.... any
    >> help would be highly appreciated. Info on monitor resolutions with max
    >> refresh rate also most welcome. Right now I have it set to 1280x1024 at
    >> 75
    >> hz.Packard Bell site isnt much help....
    >>
    >> Ps; I also posted this in alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell

    > Why do you want to install a driver for a monitor if it is working? What
    > do you mean the Packard Bell site is not much help - first item Google
    > comes up with for monitor is the Packard Bell site with full spec for the
    > monitor
    > http://support.packardbell.com/uk/mypc/?PibItemNr=spec_a726&PibItemParent=platform_monitor_A726 .
    > You have it set to the max resolution so can't see what advantage
    > installing a driver would have.

    Installing the driver would probly tell me what max refresh rate is, thats
    why. Now I can set refresh rate way higher than 100 hz, which will probly
    damage the monitor.... apart from that the monitor works fine....
    Peter, Feb 28, 2006
  6. Peter

    Tony Guest

    "Peter" <> wrote in message

    > "Tony" <> schreef in bericht
    >>
    >> "Peter" <> wrote in message
    >>> Hi, I have a Packard Bell a726 monitor connected to a self built PC
    >>> (Asrock
    >>> k7s8x mobo, Athlon xp2200+, 512 mb ddr 2700, ATI Radeon 9250, Pioneer
    >>> DVR
    >>> 110D dvd-rw). Downloaded several drivers, all supposed to be compatible
    >>> with
    >>> the monitor, but I cant get any of them installed in any way. After
    >>> install completion
    >>> monitor is still listed as standard monitor. I can set it to pnp monitor
    >>> but
    >>> there is no driver info available. I am using the Packard Bell coz my
    >>> old
    >>> monitor is almost dead and I cant afford a new one at the moment.... any
    >>> help would be highly appreciated. Info on monitor resolutions with max
    >>> refresh rate also most welcome. Right now I have it set to 1280x1024 at
    >>> 75
    >>> hz.Packard Bell site isnt much help....
    >>>
    >>> Ps; I also posted this in alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell

    >> Why do you want to install a driver for a monitor if it is working? What
    >> do you mean the Packard Bell site is not much help - first item Google
    >> comes up with for monitor is the Packard Bell site with full spec for the
    >> monitor
    >> http://support.packardbell.com/uk/mypc/?PibItemNr=spec_a726&PibItemParent=platform_monitor_A726 .
    >> You have it set to the max resolution so can't see what advantage
    >> installing a driver would have.
    >>

    > Installing the driver would probly tell me what max refresh rate is, thats
    > why. Now I can set refresh rate way higher than 100 hz, which will probly
    > damage the monitor.... apart from that the monitor works fine....

    If you go to the web page from the link you will see that the recommended
    refresh rate at the resolution you have set is 60hz. If it works at 75hz
    then I would leave it there as you would most likely notice some flicker at
    60hz. There is no reason to push a monitor to 100hz at normally used
    resolution. The max you should need is 85hz (which I have all my monitors
    set to).
    Tony, Feb 28, 2006
  7. Peter

    John Guest

    On Tue, 28 Feb 2006 12:48:16 -0000, "Tony" <> wrote:

    >"Peter" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Tony" <> schreef in bericht
    >>>
    >>> "Peter" <> wrote in message

    >>> Why do you want to install a driver for a monitor if it is working? What
    >>> do you mean the Packard Bell site is not much help - first item Google
    >>> comes up with for monitor is the Packard Bell site with full spec for the
    >>> monitor
    >>> http://support.packardbell.com/uk/mypc/?PibItemNr=spec_a726&PibItemParent=platform_monitor_A726 .
    >>> You have it set to the max resolution so can't see what advantage
    >>> installing a driver would have.
    >>>

    >> Installing the driver would probly tell me what max refresh rate is, thats
    >> why. Now I can set refresh rate way higher than 100 hz, which will probly
    >> damage the monitor.... apart from that the monitor works fine....
    >>

    >If you go to the web page from the link you will see that the recommended
    >refresh rate at the resolution you have set is 60hz. If it works at 75hz
    >then I would leave it there as you would most likely notice some flicker at
    >60hz. There is no reason to push a monitor to 100hz at normally used
    >resolution. The max you should need is 85hz (which I have all my monitors
    >set to).

    you can also get the drivers there if so desired
    John, Feb 28, 2006
  8. Peter

    Peter Guest

    "John" <> schreef in bericht
    > On Tue, 28 Feb 2006 12:48:16 -0000, "Tony" <> wrote:
    >

    >>"Peter" <> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> "Tony" <> schreef in bericht

    >>> Installing the driver would probly tell me what max refresh rate is,
    >>> thats
    >>> why. Now I can set refresh rate way higher than 100 hz, which will
    >>> probly
    >>> damage the monitor.... apart from that the monitor works fine....
    >>>

    >>If you go to the web page from the link you will see that the recommended
    >>refresh rate at the resolution you have set is 60hz. If it works at 75hz
    >>then I would leave it there as you would most likely notice some flicker
    >>at
    >>60hz. There is no reason to push a monitor to 100hz at normally used
    >>resolution. The max you should need is 85hz (which I have all my monitors
    >>set to).
    >>

    > you can also get the drivers there if so desired

    thats the whole point, aint no way I can get those drivers installed, I
    tried several ways, and several driver versions/updates, I always and up
    with standard monitor installed.
    Peter, Feb 28, 2006
  9. Peter

    John Guest

    On Tue, 28 Feb 2006 14:23:51 +0100, "Peter" <> wrote:

    >"John" <> schreef in bericht
    >> On Tue, 28 Feb 2006 12:48:16 -0000, "Tony" <> wrote:
    >>

    >>>"Peter" <> wrote in message

    >>>If you go to the web page from the link you will see that the recommended
    >>>refresh rate at the resolution you have set is 60hz. If it works at 75hz
    >>>then I would leave it there as you would most likely notice some flicker
    >>>at
    >>>60hz. There is no reason to push a monitor to 100hz at normally used
    >>>resolution. The max you should need is 85hz (which I have all my monitors
    >>>set to).
    >>>

    >> you can also get the drivers there if so desired

    >thats the whole point, aint no way I can get those drivers installed, I
    >tried several ways, and several driver versions/updates, I always and up
    >with standard monitor installed.

    I had an old A927 this is what I dloaded and how I installed
    with no problems
    If you are not running winxp you need to get the other file
    hope this helps you

    Monitor
    File Title: XP monitor driver pack
    File Version: 3.1
    File Date: 14-09-2004 13:09:54
    File Size: 875184 Bytes

    Technical Note: This is the monitor driver pack for Windows
    XP, supporting most of the Packard Bell monitors thate were introduced
    since 2000. This version of the monitor driver pack supports following
    Packard Bell monitors: A526, A726, A926, A527, A727, A927, F727, S517,
    S527, S727, FC500, FC700, FT700, LC700, LT500, LT700, CC700, CT500,
    CT700, VT500, VT700 and VT900. In addition it also supports the
    following monitors from NEC Computers International: HR17, HR19, LS15,
    LT17, VR15, VR17, VR19 and LCD1701.

    After downloading the file, doubleclick it in order to start the
    driver installation.
    John, Feb 28, 2006
  10. Peter

    Peter Guest

    >>> you can also get the drivers there if so desired

    >>thats the whole point, aint no way I can get those drivers installed, I
    >>tried several ways, and several driver versions/updates, I always and up
    >>with standard monitor installed.
    >>

    > I had an old A927 this is what I dloaded and how I installed
    > with no problems
    > If you are not running winxp you need to get the other file
    > hope this helps you
    >

    > Monitor
    > File Title: XP monitor driver pack
    > File Version: 3.1
    > File Date: 14-09-2004 13:09:54
    > File Size: 875184 Bytes
    >
    > Technical Note: This is the monitor driver pack for Windows
    > XP, supporting most of the Packard Bell monitors thate were introduced
    > since 2000. This version of the monitor driver pack supports following
    > Packard Bell monitors: A526, A726, A926, A527, A727, A927, F727, S517,
    > S527, S727, FC500, FC700, FT700, LC700, LT500, LT700, CC700, CT500,
    > CT700, VT500, VT700 and VT900. In addition it also supports the
    > following monitors from NEC Computers International: HR17, HR19, LS15,
    > LT17, VR15, VR17, VR19 and LCD1701.
    >
    > After downloading the file, doubleclick it in order to start the
    > driver installation.

    Thats the driver I downloaded, even 2 or 3 with different filenames. They
    have the same technical note and I do run Win XP. The files are installed in
    a folder on c drive called 'pnp', and they contain all the inf files etc....
    after install the screen says 'drivers are now installed', but I still end
    up with standard monitor installed instead of the Packard Bell drivers.....
    rightclicking the inf files and install doesnt work either.... I'm really in
    the dark here, looks like my XP or my system wont accept the PB drivers.....
    Peter, Feb 28, 2006
  11. Peter

    Toolman Tim Guest

    In news:,
    Peter spewed forth:

    <snip>

    <snip>

    >> Monitor
    >> File Title: XP monitor driver pack
    >> File Version: 3.1
    >> File Date: 14-09-2004 13:09:54
    >> File Size: 875184 Bytes
    >>
    >> Technical Note: This is the monitor driver pack for Windows
    >> XP, supporting most of the Packard Bell monitors thate were
    >> introduced since 2000. This version of the monitor driver pack
    >> supports following Packard Bell monitors: A526, A726, A926, A527,
    >> A727, A927, F727, S517, S527, S727, FC500, FC700, FT700, LC700,
    >> LT500, LT700, CC700, CT500, CT700, VT500, VT700 and VT900. In
    >> addition it also supports the following monitors from NEC Computers
    >> International: HR17, HR19, LS15, LT17, VR15, VR17, VR19 and LCD1701.
    >>
    >> After downloading the file, doubleclick it in order to start the
    >> driver installation.
    >>

    > Thats the driver I downloaded, even 2 or 3 with different filenames.
    > They have the same technical note and I do run Win XP. The files are
    > installed in a folder on c drive called 'pnp', and they contain all
    > the inf files etc.... after install the screen says 'drivers are now
    > installed', but I still end up with standard monitor installed
    > instead of the Packard Bell drivers..... rightclicking the inf files
    > and install doesnt work either.... I'm really in the dark here, looks
    > like my XP or my system wont accept the PB drivers.....

    WTF cares? If it's not broke, don't fix it. Just because you *want* it to
    say Packard Bell, it makes no difference what-so-ever if it says that or
    not. You have it running at a high enough refresh rate that you won't get
    flicker. What advantage is there to running at a higher refresh rate or
    having it say "Packard Bell" in the description?

    Toolman Tim, Feb 28, 2006
  12. Peter

    Peter Guest

    "Toolman Tim" <> schreef in bericht
    > In news:,
    > Peter spewed forth:

    > <snip>

    > <snip>
    >
    >>> Monitor
    >>> File Title: XP monitor driver pack
    >>> File Version: 3.1
    >>> File Date: 14-09-2004 13:09:54
    >>> File Size: 875184 Bytes
    >>>
    >>> Technical Note: This is the monitor driver pack for Windows
    >>> XP, supporting most of the Packard Bell monitors thate were
    >>> introduced since 2000. This version of the monitor driver pack
    >>> supports following Packard Bell monitors: A526, A726, A926, A527,
    >>> A727, A927, F727, S517, S527, S727, FC500, FC700, FT700, LC700,
    >>> LT500, LT700, CC700, CT500, CT700, VT500, VT700 and VT900. In
    >>> addition it also supports the following monitors from NEC Computers
    >>> International: HR17, HR19, LS15, LT17, VR15, VR17, VR19 and LCD1701.
    >>>
    >>> After downloading the file, doubleclick it in order to start the
    >>> driver installation.
    >>>

    >> Thats the driver I downloaded, even 2 or 3 with different filenames.
    >> They have the same technical note and I do run Win XP. The files are
    >> installed in a folder on c drive called 'pnp', and they contain all
    >> the inf files etc.... after install the screen says 'drivers are now
    >> installed', but I still end up with standard monitor installed
    >> instead of the Packard Bell drivers..... rightclicking the inf files
    >> and install doesnt work either.... I'm really in the dark here, looks
    >> like my XP or my system wont accept the PB drivers.....

    > WTF cares? If it's not broke, don't fix it. Just because you *want* it to
    > say Packard Bell, it makes no difference what-so-ever if it says that or
    > not. You have it running at a high enough refresh rate that you won't get
    > flicker. What advantage is there to running at a higher refresh rate or
    > having it say "Packard Bell" in the description?
    >
    > --
    > The sooner you fall behind, the more time you'll have to catch up.

    because if your refresh rate is higher than the monitor can handle, it could
    get damaged.....
    Peter, Feb 28, 2006
  13. Peter

    > In news:,
    > Peter spewed forth:

    > <snip>

    > <snip>

    <snip>

    > WTF cares? If it's not broke, don't fix it. Just because you *want* it to
    > say Packard Bell, it makes no difference what-so-ever if it says that or
    > not. You have it running at a high enough refresh rate that you won't get
    > flicker. What advantage is there to running at a higher refresh rate or
    > having it say "Packard Bell" in the description?
    >
    > --
    > The sooner you fall behind, the more time you'll have to catch up.

    Apart from all that, all I want is to prevent damage to my hardware. I dont
    care what driver brand is installed, I couldnt care less if it was a Tokai,
    ElCheapo, BrandX or whatever name u can come up with. But if ur such a smart
    'toolman', then tell me why I cant get the damn driver installed, even when
    it's compatible with both my Win XP and the monitor. ....
    Peter, Feb 28, 2006
  14. Peter

    Toolman Tim Guest

    In news:,
    Peter spewed forth:
    > "Toolman Tim" <> schreef in bericht
    >> In news:,
    >> Peter spewed forth:

    >> <snip>

    >> <snip>
    >>

    > <snip>
    >

    >> WTF cares? If it's not broke, don't fix it. Just because you *want*
    >> it to say Packard Bell, it makes no difference what-so-ever if it
    >> says that or not. You have it running at a high enough refresh rate
    >> that you won't get flicker. What advantage is there to running at a
    >> higher refresh rate or having it say "Packard Bell" in the
    >> description? --
    >> The sooner you fall behind, the more time you'll have to catch up.

    > Apart from all that, all I want is to prevent damage to my hardware.
    > I dont care what driver brand is installed, I couldnt care less if it
    > was a Tokai, ElCheapo, BrandX or whatever name u can come up with.
    > But if ur such a smart 'toolman', then tell me why I cant get the
    > damn driver installed, even when it's compatible with both my Win XP
    > and the monitor. ....

    Sounds like a PEBCAK issue to me.

    Toolman Tim, Mar 1, 2006
  15. Peter

    Toolman Tim Guest

    In news:,
    Peter spewed forth:
    > "Toolman Tim" <> schreef in bericht
    >> In news:,
    >> Peter spewed forth:

    >> <snip>

    >> <snip>

    >>> Thats the driver I downloaded, even 2 or 3 with different filenames.
    >>> They have the same technical note and I do run Win XP. The files are
    >>> installed in a folder on c drive called 'pnp', and they contain all
    >>> the inf files etc.... after install the screen says 'drivers are now
    >>> installed', but I still end up with standard monitor installed
    >>> instead of the Packard Bell drivers..... rightclicking the inf files
    >>> and install doesnt work either.... I'm really in the dark here,
    >>> looks like my XP or my system wont accept the PB drivers.....

    >> WTF cares? If it's not broke, don't fix it. Just because you *want*
    >> it to say Packard Bell, it makes no difference what-so-ever if it
    >> says that or not. You have it running at a high enough refresh rate
    >> that you won't get flicker. What advantage is there to running at a
    >> higher refresh rate or having it say "Packard Bell" in the
    >> description? --
    >> The sooner you fall behind, the more time you'll have to catch up.
    >>

    > because if your refresh rate is higher than the monitor can handle,
    > it could get damaged.....

    So if if it's working, and you know from the specs that the monitor is fine
    at 75Hz, then leave it alone.

    Toolman Tim, Mar 1, 2006
  16. Peter

    > In news:,
    >>>

    >> <big snip>

    > Sounds like a PEBCAK issue to me.

    concerning that remark I can tell u this; I've been on internet ever since
    it was available where I live, I build and repair my own pc's, from the old
    8086 to my current Athlon XP, I do troubleshooting for friends etc with
    success, I DO know how to install or uninstall a driver properly and in
    different ways, plus I've been around long enough to know that wrong
    system/software settings can severely damage your hardware, so your remark
    is really inappropriate since you know jackshit about me...... And like I
    said before, if you are such a smart guy, why dont you have an answer that
    works? But I dont wanna start a flame here so thnx for your comments, mr
    'toolman'. Bye.
    Peter, Mar 1, 2006