    My son has a Packard Bell Easynote C 3300 which is running slow.
    The reason I think is he has so much saved on it such as pictures and music.
    How do I check the RAM and if the machine will take more RAM
    caroline, Nov 4, 2006

  2. caroline

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Sat, 04 Nov 2006 23:39:56 GMT, "caroline" <>
    wrote:

    >My son has a Packard Bell Easynote C 3300 which is running slow.

    What operating system? How old is the computer?

    >The reason I think is he has so much saved on it such as pictures and music.

    Adding files will not slow the computer down.

    http://www.crucial.com/
    Evan Platt, Nov 5, 2006

  3. caroline

    Norm Guest

    "Evan Platt" <> wrote in message
    > On Sat, 04 Nov 2006 23:39:56 GMT, "caroline" <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>My son has a Packard Bell Easynote C 3300 which is running slow.

    > What operating system? How old is the computer?

    That isn't required at the moment.

    >>The reason I think is he has so much saved on it such as pictures and
    >>music.

    > Adding files will not slow the computer down.

    It will if it has low memory and a huge swapfile. It will use HD space, so
    the more files, the less space and the slower it becomes, especially thanks
    to fragmentation.
    So she is correct.
    Norm, Nov 5, 2006
  4. In article <gx93h.5854$>,
    "caroline" <> wrote:

    > My son has a Packard Bell Easynote C 3300 which is running slow.
    > The reason I think is he has so much saved on it such as pictures and music.
    > How do I check the RAM and if the machine will take more RAM

    Haven't we just been through all this? Did you read the replies you got
    the last time you asked this question?

    Either way, you are confusing hard drive space with RAM. I asked this
    before and never really did get an answer.. how much free space is left
    on his hard drive?
    David Matthew Wood, Nov 5, 2006
  5. caroline

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Sun, 05 Nov 2006 03:35:06 GMT, David Matthew Wood
    <> wrote:

    >Haven't we just been through all this? Did you read the replies you got
    >the last time you asked this question?

    I knew I was having Vuja De.
    Evan Platt, Nov 5, 2006
  6. caroline

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Sun, 5 Nov 2006 01:55:22 -0000, "Norm" <> wrote:

    >> What operating system? How old is the computer?
    >>

    >That isn't required at the moment.

    No. You're right.

    A slow running computer could in no way be caused by the machine being
    a 200 mhz Pentium with Windows 98.
    Evan Platt, Nov 5, 2006
  7. In article <454d4498$>,
    "Norm" <> wrote:

    > "Evan Platt" <> wrote in message
    > > On Sat, 04 Nov 2006 23:39:56 GMT, "caroline" <>
    > > wrote:
    > >
    > >>My son has a Packard Bell Easynote C 3300 which is running slow.

    > > What operating system? How old is the computer?
    > >

    > That isn't required at the moment.
    >
    > >>The reason I think is he has so much saved on it such as pictures and
    > >>music.

    > > Adding files will not slow the computer down.
    > >

    > It will if it has low memory and a huge swapfile. It will use HD space, so
    > the more files, the less space and the slower it becomes, especially thanks
    > to fragmentation.
    > So she is correct.

    But you have to be specific though. Just the act of keeping a lot of
    big files on a hard drive is not going to slow things down, and that is
    what the OP keeps asking... I think..... although I'm really not sure,
    because it seems that the OP is also now confusing hard drive space with
    RAM.
    David Matthew Wood, Nov 5, 2006
  8. In article <>,
    Evan Platt <> wrote:

    > On Sun, 05 Nov 2006 03:35:06 GMT, David Matthew Wood
    > <> wrote:
    >
    > >Haven't we just been through all this? Did you read the replies you got
    > >the last time you asked this question?

    > I knew I was having Vuja De.

    lol I had to look at that (as well as the date a few times) until I
    finally noticed that the question was a "tad" different this time.
    David Matthew Wood, Nov 5, 2006
  9. caroline

    caroline Guest

    "David Matthew Wood" <> wrote in message
    > In article <>,
    > Evan Platt <> wrote:
    >
    > > On Sun, 05 Nov 2006 03:35:06 GMT, David Matthew Wood
    > > <> wrote:
    > >
    > > >Haven't we just been through all this? Did you read the replies you

    got
    > > >the last time you asked this question?

    > > I knew I was having Vuja De.

    > lol I had to look at that (as well as the date a few times) until I
    > finally noticed that the question was a "tad" different this time.

    My sons has a Pack Bell Laptop c 3300 which runs win xp and runs slow.
    I have looked and he has tons of I Tunes plus he has video clips from
    football wrestling tons of stuff.
    In my wisdom I assume the reason the machine runs slow is because of the
    amount of junk he has on it.

    I think that his lap will run on 768 ofRAM which is treble what he has, if
    this is the case then I would want to add the additional RAM
    caroline, Nov 5, 2006
  10. caroline wrote:
    > "David Matthew Wood" <> wrote in message
    >> In article <>,
    >> Evan Platt <> wrote:

    > got
    >>> I knew I was having Vuja De.

    >> lol I had to look at that (as well as the date a few times) until I
    >> finally noticed that the question was a "tad" different this time.

    > My sons has a Pack Bell Laptop c 3300 which runs win xp and runs slow.
    > I have looked and he has tons of I Tunes plus he has video clips from
    > football wrestling tons of stuff.
    > In my wisdom I assume the reason the machine runs slow is because of the
    > amount of junk he has on it.
    >
    > I think that his lap will run on 768 ofRAM which is treble what he has, if
    > this is the case then I would want to add the additional RAM

    If he is saving his files to the desktop then tell him to start using a
    download folder on one of his HDDs and stop using the desktop for storage.
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Brian_H=B9=A9?=, Nov 5, 2006
  11. caroline

    Oldus Fartus Guest

    caroline wrote:
    snipped

    > In my wisdom I assume the reason the machine runs slow is because of the
    > amount of junk he has on it.
    >
    > I think that his lap will run on 768 ofRAM which is treble what he has, if
    > this is the case then I would want to add the additional RAM

    If he only has 256 Meg of RAM I would bring it up to at least 512 Meg.

    --
    Cheers
    Oldus Fartus
    Oldus Fartus, Nov 5, 2006
  12. caroline

    Ben Myers Guest

    Ben Myers, Nov 5, 2006
  13. In article <A3k3h.4679$>,
    "caroline" <> wrote:

    > "David Matthew Wood" <> wrote in message
    > > In article <>,
    > > Evan Platt <> wrote:

    > got
    > > >
    > > > I knew I was having Vuja De.

    > > lol I had to look at that (as well as the date a few times) until I
    > > finally noticed that the question was a "tad" different this time.

    > My sons has a Pack Bell Laptop c 3300 which runs win xp and runs slow.
    > I have looked and he has tons of I Tunes plus he has video clips from
    > football wrestling tons of stuff.
    > In my wisdom I assume the reason the machine runs slow is because of the
    > amount of junk he has on it.
    >
    > I think that his lap will run on 768 ofRAM which is treble what he has, if
    > this is the case then I would want to add the additional RAM

    As I said in the last thread, just the act of having files on his drive
    is not going to slow things down (unless the drive is actually too full
    which at this point I doubt). You still didn't answer my question
    though, how much hard drive space does he have available at the moment?
    Go to my computer, right click C, and go to properties. It should tell
    you.
    David Matthew Wood, Nov 5, 2006