Packard Bell are Dumbarses

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by T.N.O., Nov 10, 2003.

  1. T.N.O.

    T.N.O. Guest

    T.N.O., Nov 10, 2003

  2. T.N.O.

    steve Guest

    T.N.O. allegedly said:

    > I got here for a mate, looking for a retailer... in NZ, not the .co.nz
    > in the URL.
    >
    > http://www.packardbell.co.nz/Support/Find_Retailers.asp?CID=4
    >
    > It says, pick your region, Panang, Kuala Lumpur... WTF?

    They appear to have copied the content for *.com.my into *.co.nz.

    steve, Nov 10, 2003

  3. T.N.O.

    Eagle Eye Guest

    Eagle Eye, Nov 10, 2003
  4. T.N.O.

    T.N.O. Guest

    Eagle Eye wrote:
    >>I got here for a mate, looking for a retailer... in NZ, not the .co.nz
    >>in the URL.
    >>http://www.packardbell.co.nz/Support/Find_Retailers.asp?CID=4
    >>It says, pick your region, Panang, Kuala Lumpur... WTF?

    > Try this link...trial and error I replaced the numbers at the end...works
    > with 9.
    > http://www.packardbell.co.nz/Support/Find_Retailers.asp?CID=9

    heh, it's ok, after seeing how badly their site is done, where you can't
    simply look at laptop, and search is kinda hard to find, he has decided
    on a dell.

    T.N.O., Nov 10, 2003
  5. "steve" <> wrote in message
    > T.N.O. allegedly said:
    >
    > > I got here for a mate, looking for a retailer... in NZ, not the .co.nz
    > > in the URL.
    > >
    > > http://www.packardbell.co.nz/Support/Find_Retailers.asp?CID=4
    > >
    > > It says, pick your region, Panang, Kuala Lumpur... WTF?

    > They appear to have copied the content for *.com.my into *.co.nz.

    Someone most probably messed up and made www.packardbell.co.nz resolve to
    the wrong site.

    Apparently the NZ version of the site is here...

    http://www.packardbell.co.nz/start.asp?CID=9

    http://www.packardbell.com.my/start.asp?CID=9 also works as well ;-)

    Alpine Dragon, Nov 10, 2003
  6. T.N.O.

    Mike Dee Guest

    Mike Dee, Nov 10, 2003
  7. T.N.O.

    The Flash Guest

    "T.N.O." <> wrote in message
    > Eagle Eye wrote:
    > >>I got here for a mate, looking for a retailer... in NZ, not the .co.nz
    > >>in the URL.
    > >>http://www.packardbell.co.nz/Support/Find_Retailers.asp?CID=4
    > >>It says, pick your region, Panang, Kuala Lumpur... WTF?

    > > Try this link...trial and error I replaced the numbers at the

    end...works
    > > with 9.
    > > http://www.packardbell.co.nz/Support/Find_Retailers.asp?CID=9

    > heh, it's ok, after seeing how badly their site is done, where you can't
    > simply look at laptop, and search is kinda hard to find, he has decided
    > on a dell.

    Best move he ever made, I could make you run screaming for the hills with
    horror stories on packard bell / nec computers in nz, here is just a couple,
    Onsite Next biz day warranty on a NEC server, you have to contact the
    support center in aussie, well it took them 2 weeks to get the part
    delivered and when the tech turned up he demanded $120 + GST to fit it,
    Needless to say the told him to f-off as it was a parts and labour contract,
    well eventually NEC said sorry we closed our wellington support center and
    you are now out of area so you must pay labour, well customer was very
    pissed off and said well where is the service center now? Answer Auckland.
    for the whole of NZ One service center and if your more than 50K return you
    are 'out of area', Unbelieveable. Another was a PB desktop that we sent to
    auckalnd as it was still under warranty, 4 times in the first year it was
    sent back, the last time it took 6 weeks for them to repair it, then they
    lost the mouse and keyboard and formatted the HDD, it turned up unable to
    boot and the recovery disk would not work due to the corrupted bios
    fingerprint and mismatched drive tattoo, eventually the sent a disk down for
    the system and surprise - It wouldn't work either, finally they agreed to
    let me flash the bios, which i did and then ran the recovery disks and it
    has run fine ever since. Oh and the recovery disks were not for the Small
    Office PC, so they lost MSWord and other apps, however they were so happy
    that it now worked they just accepted the loss.

    The really strange thing is the auckland NEC/PB seem really helpful and easy
    to deal with but the actual service is just horrendous.

    The Flash, Nov 11, 2003