Pacific Digital MF-810 Digital Photo Frame Card Reader

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by jajustin@gmail.com, Jan 7, 2007.

  1. Guest

    Hello,

    I just purchased a Pacific Digital MF-810 Digital Photo Frame for my
    Mom for Christmas. I'm very impressed with it so far. I was wondering
    if anyone has used a card reader with it. My camera uses compact flash
    cards. The frame uses USB 1.1 - which is the old obsolesced low speed
    version (12 MB/sec) for USB standard. Most of the USB card readers are
    USB 2, which is 480 MBS. I know that USB 2 is backward compatible with
    USB 1.1 but, I was wondering if anyone has used a USB 2 reader with the
    frame.

    The Pacific Digital site has a lack luster compatibility chart for card
    readers - the readers that they have tested either are not available
    anywhere or are not as good as the one that they are selling. It's an
    obvious marketing ploy - since they are trying to push their own card
    reader. The Pacific Digital 7-in-1 card reader is only USB 1.1 and
    sells for about 3x the price of other card readers on the market. And,
    I would prefer to buy a USB 2 reader to use for other peripherals as
    well if it would work.

    So, it would be helpful to all owners of this frame if we knew what
    readers have been tried worked, or didn't work.

    Best
    John

    , Jan 7, 2007