    Is this an hardware problem ? Software is 12.2(24a) (C7200-IK9O3S-M).
    Any way to troubleshoot that ?

    Thanks Guys...
    Ein User, Jul 12, 2004

  2. Ein User

    Ein User Guest

    Ein User wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > is there an cause that a PA-GE doesnt work in a 7204VXR Chassis ? It's
    > working fine (gets detected) in an
    > 7206VXR Chassis.
    >
    > Slot 2:
    > Gigabit Ethernet Port adapter, 1 port
    > Port adapter is disabled unsuitable deactivated powered off
    > Port adapter insertion time unknown
    > EEPROM contents at hardware discovery:
    >
    > Is this an hardware problem ? Software is 12.2(24a) (C7200-IK9O3S-M).
    > Any way to troubleshoot that ?
    >
    > Thanks Guys...

    Hmm... just replaced the NPE-225 with an NPE-300 and it gets detected now (why this ?)
    But... the WS-G5483 (1000Base-T) Gbic's seems to be not supported on that platform.
    It says "media type is unknown 19". Wtf ?

    Why isnt this noted in the Cisco docs :-< ?
    Ein User, Jul 12, 2004

  3. Ein User

    RBevaart Guest

    I thought I read somewhere on the Cisco site that you can't use the
    5483 in that PA. Only SX/LX/ZX supported... it specifies that the
    'copper' media types are unsupported somewhere 1/3rd down the page.

    see: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/...stallation_guide_chapter09186a00800a2dad.html

    If you've got the right NPE the IO/GE+E might work for you... maybe
    someone else knows what the reqs for that are.

    RBevaart, Jul 14, 2004
  4. Ein User

    vj_sanwal

    Joined:
    Mar 20, 2007
    Messages:
    1
    Location:
    India
    Reason: Bug ID - CSCea83322

    Actually the problem is with the IOS.

    Bug ID - CSCea83322
    Sympton:
    gigabitEthernet media type on NPE-G1 is displayed as unknown 19.

    Condition:
    System boots without GBIC.
    This sympton isn't reproduced with some GBIC.

    Workaround:
    System boots with GBIC.

    No IOS upgrade required for this problem and the resolution suggested is to reload the device. not much choice :) but to reboot the device.
    vj_sanwal, Mar 20, 2007