    any ideas

    thanks
    Dennis Meissner
    dennis, Oct 14, 2004

  2. dennis

    Venom Guest

    Look for the cpu fan header. The yellow wire goes on one of those pins.

    7
    > cpu fan. It has to connectors coming out of the fan/switch assy. There

    is
    > a red/black wired connector which of course is power and ground then there
    > is another connector with a lone yellow connector. According to the
    > thermaltake website this wire is for the 'rpm signal' I can't find

    anything

    Venom, Oct 15, 2004

  3. dennis

    Thor Guest

    "dennis" <> wrote in message
    > Hello all,
    > I picked up a used p4t533-c mobo the other day with a thermaltake volcano
    > 7
    > cpu fan. It has to connectors coming out of the fan/switch assy. There
    > is
    > a red/black wired connector which of course is power and ground then there
    > is another connector with a lone yellow connector. According to the
    > thermaltake website this wire is for the 'rpm signal' I can't find
    > anything
    > on the motherboard (as well as my asus docs and website) that mentions an
    > 'rpm signal' header.

    The motherboard's fan power header typically has three pins. Power, ground,
    and RPM/tachometer.
    Thor, Oct 15, 2004
  4. dennis

    dennis Guest

    I think I figured it out... my other p4t533-c is wired that way on one
    connector. Not sure why thermaltake has two seperate connectors, one with
    just two wires (assuming 12v and gnd) and the other connector just a lone
    yellow wire (maybe to accomodate the speed switch). I do have three cpu fan
    connectors on the mother board so I guess one will just supply power and the
    other will have just the rpm signal.

    Thanks

    dennis, Oct 15, 2004