    BF1942 and Serious Sam. Thanks.
    --
    Registered Linux User #267152

    JTJersey, Sep 11, 2005

  2. JTJersey

    derek / nul Guest

    stay with the 2.6

    derek / nul, Sep 12, 2005

  3. JTJersey

    HF Guest

    Better check to see if the motherboard supports it.

    HF, Sep 12, 2005
  4. JTJersey

    JTJersey Guest

    On Mon, 12 Sep 2005 12:31:42 +0100, HF wrote:

    > Better check to see if the motherboard supports it. "JTJersey"

    Oh, it does. I'm just wondering if the P4 is worth the effort over the
    Celeron.
    --
    Registered Linux User #267152

    JTJersey, Sep 12, 2005
  5. "JTJersey" <> wrote in message
    > I've had a Pentium 4 2.0Gig processor handed to me. My current
    > WindowsXP
    > machine is running a Celeron 2.6Gig. Is it worth it to swap the
    > chips or
    > should I just stay with the Celeron 2.6? I do play a few games like
    > BF1942 and Serious Sam. Thanks.
    > --
    > Registered Linux User #267152

    The Intel Celeron 2.6GHz CPU has a good track record; it's moderately
    fast and perfectly capable of handling all common office and
    multimedia tasks, up to and including video editing.

    So, if you don't play a lot of the latest games...

    Boscoe Pertwee, Sep 13, 2005
  6. JTJersey

    bmoag Guest

    The P4 2.0 has more cache and a slower clockspeed.
    The Celeron is a semi-crippled P4.
    The clock speed in this instance trumps the cache and you will take a
    performance hit by replacing your Celeron with the P4.

    bmoag, Sep 16, 2005
  7. JTJersey

    JTJersey Guest

    On Fri, 16 Sep 2005 03:59:36 +0000, bmoag wrote:

    > The P4 2.0 has more cache and a slower clockspeed. The Celeron is a
    > semi-crippled P4.
    > The clock speed in this instance trumps the cache and you will take a
    > performance hit by replacing your Celeron with the P4.

    Thanks, I was kind of leaning that way, but it's always good to get other
    opinions. The Celeron stays put.
    --
    Registered Linux User #267152

    JTJersey, Sep 17, 2005