    a) Do I need to worry about this?
    b) If so, what are your suggestions regarding cooling. I've already
    considered the refrigerator, but the cables aren't long enough.
    Gary Danaher, Nov 22, 2004

  2. Gary Danaher

    Toolman Tim Guest

    I can't help much, but I would think exhausting the case both at the front
    and back isn't your best bet. If you have two *outputs* and no *inputs* you
    aren't going to cool much of anything. I'd try turning around that fan you
    put in the front so it runs air INTO the case from the front, and OUT from
    the back.

    Toolman Tim, Nov 22, 2004

  3. Gary Danaher

    Gary Danaher Guest

    Thanks for the response. I tried that initially and got only a 4 degree
    change in the cpu. Exhausting it saw about a 9 degree change (all F).
    I've tinkered with this a bit. The fan I have in the front is capable of
    moving a LOT of air but is also noisy. I installed a rheostat in series
    to adjust speed/air flow--to keep it from sounding like a an F-15 at the
    catapult.

    Gary Danaher, Nov 22, 2004
  4. Gary Danaher

    dadiOH Guest

    Gary Danaher wrote:

    > No amount of fans does much to get
    > this down. Have a 6 inch, 120v ac fan I picked up at a sale and use
    > it for weird cooling projects. Sat this inside the open case and
    > still didn't get the temp down much below 100.
    > a) Do I need to worry about this?
    > b) If so, what are your suggestions regarding cooling. I've already
    > considered the refrigerator, but the cables aren't long enough.

    Tried a software cooler? Keeps my Athlon nearly chilly... :)

    --
    dadiOH
    ____________________________

    dadiOH's dandies v3.05...
    dadiOH, Nov 22, 2004
  5. Gary Danaher

    dadiOH Guest

    dadiOH wrote:

    > Tried a software cooler? Keeps my Athlon nearly chilly... :)

    Forgot to say I use CPU Idle, don't recall if it does Intel too...
    http://www.cpuidle.de/

    MotherBoard Monitor is nice with it.
    http://mbm.livewiredev.com/

    --