    Is the p3 cpu found in laptops the same as the p3 cpu that is used in
    desktops or is it a mobile version that is no where near as fast at the same
    clock speeds?

    frajalistic, Mar 6, 2006

  2. frajalistic

    ~misfit~ Guest

    frajalistic wrote:
    > Is the p3 cpu found in laptops the same as the p3 cpu that is used in
    > desktops or is it a mobile version that is no where near as fast at
    > the same clock speeds?

    Sorry, would answer but I'm suffering from post-overload from you over the
    last day or so.
    --
    ~misfit~

    ~misfit~, Mar 7, 2006

  3. frajalistic

    frajalistic Guest

    "~misfit~" <> wrote in message
    > frajalistic wrote:
    > > Is the p3 cpu found in laptops the same as the p3 cpu that is used in
    > > desktops or is it a mobile version that is no where near as fast at
    > > the same clock speeds?

    > Sorry, would answer but I'm suffering from post-overload from you over the
    > last day or so.
    > --
    > ~misfit~

    Your so funny.

    frajalistic, Mar 7, 2006
  4. frajalistic

    ~misfit~ Guest

    frajalistic wrote:
    > "~misfit~" <> wrote in message
    >> frajalistic wrote:
    >>> Is the p3 cpu found in laptops the same as the p3 cpu that is used
    >>> in desktops or is it a mobile version that is no where near as fast
    >>> at the same clock speeds?

    >> Sorry, would answer but I'm suffering from post-overload from you
    >> over the last day or so.
    >> --
    >> ~misfit~
    >>

    > Your so funny.

    Thanks. How old are you anyway? Going by your short attention span (need to
    have replies straight away) your witty comeback (Sarcasm BTW) and poor grasp
    of the rules of grammar I'd say 14 or 15 tops?

    Close? Go play with the other kids for a while until you can use newsgroups
    properly. This isn't IM, you may have to wait up to 24 hours or more for
    answers.
    --
    ~misfit~

    ~misfit~, Mar 7, 2006
  5. frajalistic

    PC Guest

    "frajalistic" <3543@554> wrote in message news:440ca9dc$...
    > Is the p3 cpu found in laptops the same as the p3 cpu that is used in
    > desktops or is it a mobile version that is no where near as fast at the
    > same
    > clock speeds?

    Given the emphasis in Laptops on economy and compactness, a laptop is
    usually slower than the equivalent desktop with the same (nominal) CPU.

    December PC Plus magazine has an article comparing desktops and laptops that
    will give you further insight.

    As a general comment I wouldn't look at anything under 1GHZ these days
    unless it is to be used for a lightweight task and is dirt cheap.

    Cheers
    Paul.

    PC, Mar 7, 2006
  6. frajalistic