    Any verification of this? Any recommendations for a P2P that (still) works?

    TIA

    Norm
    Norm, Aug 12, 2004

  2. Norm

    scram Guest

    > It would appear that the recent SP2 knocked the hell out of my Kazaa Lite.
    >
    > Any verification of this? Any recommendations for a P2P that (still)
    > works?

    Mine still works, download speed 55kb/s.
    scram, Aug 12, 2004

  3. Norm

    Hamman Guest

    "Norm" <> wrote in message
    > It would appear that the recent SP2 knocked the hell out of my Kazaa Lite.
    >
    > Any verification of this? Any recommendations for a P2P that (still)

    works?

    > TIA
    >
    > Norm

    www.emule-project.net - but for gods sake delete your copy protected tracks
    before you start sharing. Nobody wants that crap on the one P2P service that
    isnt full of retards.

    hamman
    Hamman, Aug 12, 2004
  4. Norm

    EricP Guest

    On Thu, 12 Aug 2004 20:01:27 GMT, "Norm" <> wrote:

    >It would appear that the recent SP2 knocked the hell out of my Kazaa Lite.

    You should have had a large box appear to tell you XP has turned off
    most of Kazaa to protect you. You tell it to go away and mind it's own
    business and carry on as normal.
    EricP, Aug 12, 2004
  5. Norm

    Pennywise Guest

    On Thu, 12 Aug 2004 20:01:27 GMT, "Norm" <> wrote:

    |>It would appear that the recent SP2 knocked the hell out of my Kazaa Lite.
    |>
    |>Any verification of this? Any recommendations for a P2P that (still) works?

    It's true but you can get it back, I did (bittorrent).

    Control panel > Network connections > (I have broadband DSL) >Right
    click Local area connection >Properties from there:

    Turn off the firewall and under the advanced settings allow
    everything. I have no problem doing this I'm a NAT system with
    ZoneAlarm (4.5.5300000) as backup.
    Pennywise, Aug 13, 2004
  6. Norm

    JD Guest

    "Hamman" <> wrote in message

    > "Norm" <> wrote in message
    > > It would appear that the recent SP2 knocked the hell out of my Kazaa

    Lite.

    > > Any verification of this? Any recommendations for a P2P that (still)

    > works?
    > >
    > > TIA
    > >
    > > Norm
    > >

    > www.emule-project.net - but for gods sake delete your copy protected

    tracks
    > before you start sharing. Nobody wants that crap on the one P2P service

    that
    > isnt full of retards.
    >
    > hamman

    emule was good. But now with the new eDonkey you really don't need anything
    else.
    JD, Aug 13, 2004
  7. Norm

    g Guest

    "Norm" <> wrote in message news:<r0QSc.5445$>...
    > It would appear that the recent SP2 knocked the hell out of my Kazaa Lite.
    >
    > Any verification of this? Any recommendations for a P2P that (still) works?
    >
    > TIA
    >
    > Norm

    Use Emule or the last Kazaa Lite version (2.4.3).
    Direct download:
    http://giuciao.altervista.org/k.htm
    g, Aug 13, 2004