P2P wireless wont connect more then one time

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by =?Utf-8?B?U3RlZWx3aW5kMTAx?=, Nov 14, 2004.

  1. Hi

    I hope someone can help me. I am using a two wireless networking cards on
    two up to date windows XP SP2 machines. One is a laptop and one is desktop.
    Neither of these machines orginally came with wireless networing so i added a
    pci card to the desktop and a PCMICA to the laptop, both 802.11g. This work
    is peer to peer and ad hock. There is no router and all internet access is
    thru the desktop with a broadband connection. I am sharing documents and
    printer and the internet.

    When i first installed the cards they came with some software which i used
    to connect them. Then i used the windows software, and have turned the
    windows control software ON and the thrid party stuff OFF.

    I am able to connect the two machines first off when i add a new network. As
    soon as one machine closes down then they have had it. The network becomes
    unusable as the machines can no longer find each other. Once to twice i have
    managed to get a repeat connection when they are turned on but this seems to
    be infrequent and out of the blue.

    Both machines are able to locate a neigbours wireless broadband router which
    is not secure which they can connect and use the internet thru. How ever
    windows never shows my computers on the network.

    Sometime the desktop says its connected and the other laptop wont even find
    it.

    If anyones knows why, i would be very very grateful!!

    Thank you in advance.

    Also, Im using the WPG2400 onm the desktop which is made my PEAK.
    www.peakhardware.com And the PCMICA is on there too.

    =?Utf-8?B?U3RlZWx3aW5kMTAx?=, Nov 14, 2004

  2. I am experiencing exactly the same problem as you describe. It all worked
    fine until I installed SP2, but now it is as you describe. I chatted tgo a
    Microsoft technicain yesterday, bu they were as much use as a chocolate
    fireguard. Have you had any further help to solve the problem?

    =?Utf-8?B?RHVuY2Fu?=, Nov 18, 2004