    find my computer. Any idea on the settings?

    Thanks
    Swenkal

    Swenkal, Apr 26, 2004

  2. "Swenkal" <> wrote in message
    news:Rf3jc.245715$Pk3.185799@pd7tw1no...
    > I acquired an SMC 2804 router and now I am having trouble getting Kazaa to
    > find my computer. Any idea on the settings?
    >
    > Thanks
    > Swenkal

    Kazaa Lite won't connect. What's wrong?

    Check the following things:

    - Are you running a firewall? Try disabling it.
    - Windows XP also has an build-in firewall. Disable it.
    - Are you on a school/university/work network? Then the port used by Kazaa
    Lite may be blocked. Try setting a different port in Options.

    What firewall settings should I use?

    Rule based firewalls should use these settings:

    #1 Permit outbound TCP/UDP connections for Kazaa on all ports.
    #2 Permit inbound TCP/UDP connections for Kazaa on all ports.

    ZoneAlarm settings can be found below on this page.

    Which Internet Providers might block Kazaa?

    Possible Internet Providers blocking Kazaa:
    AOL
    Road Runner
    Charter Communications
    AT&T

    Some Internet Providers block port 1214 which is key in making Kazaa Lite
    work. Some Internet providers don't block the port, but have other ways of
    blocking Kazaa (Lite) and other p2p applications.

    What can I do if port 1214 is blocked?

    Usually when port 1214 is blocked, this is because of a firewall or a proxy
    server. With programs such as Socks2http or Http-Tunnel you can bypass these
    firewalls and proxies.

    If you use Kazaa Lite 2.0.0 or higher there is another thing you can try:
    Go to Kazaa Lite options. Go to the firewall tab. Change the port from 1214
    to anything above 1024. For example use port 3500. This way you don't have
    to use any of the tunneling programs described above. Just as you have no
    restrictions. Now the first time you connect with this new port settings may
    take some time. As soon as you are connected for the first time, the next
    times it will connect much faster. If this trick does not work, then try
    some more ports. You can also try common ports such as 20, 21, 80, 8080,
    443.

    Gareth not NLL or anybody else., Apr 26, 2004

  3. Swenkal

    Swenkal Guest

    Is there another group for router questions?

    Swenkal, Apr 28, 2004