    losing our internet access - keep having to reboot the cable modem and
    wireless router. Usually, access is rock-steady.

    Any ideas (apart from don't use p2p - that wouldn't be helpful!)

    Robert Cragg, May 24, 2006

  2. Robert Cragg

    SJP Guest

    And the make of your wireless router is......

    SJP, May 24, 2006

  3. Robert Cragg

    Robert Cragg Guest

    surfboard sb4100 modem and Netgear WGT 624 v2

    Robert Cragg, May 24, 2006
  4. Robert Cragg

    pandamonium Guest

    Robert Cragg wrote:

    > I don't use p2p software, but when my daughter comes home and connects to
    > our wireless network with bit torrent software on her laptop, we keep
    > losing our internet access - keep having to reboot the cable modem and
    > wireless router. Usually, access is rock-steady.
    >
    > Any ideas (apart from don't use p2p - that wouldn't be helpful!)

    Has she reconfigured the upload/download limits on the BT client for your
    Internet connection? In particular, uploading at the maximum speed will
    cripple the rest of your network. Try to limit this to about 80% of your
    maximum upstream speed.

    pandamonium, May 25, 2006
  5. Robert Cragg

    SJP Guest