    couldn't even hold a paper clip.

    Why doesn't the FTC step in and stop this crap from even being sold let
    alone advertised?

    richard, Jan 27, 2010

  2. richard wrote:
    <snip>
    > This crazy contraption was just seen on a commercial. Some lame brain fool
    > is trying his luck with it. What does it do? Well you hold it in both hands
    > and shake it. The inner section moves back and forth as you shake it.

    <snip>

    So, what you're saying is that you get the same 'exercise' without the
    device?

    n0i

    thund3rstruck, Jan 27, 2010

  3. richard

    richard Guest

    On Tue, 26 Jan 2010 23:07:03 -0500, thund3rstruck wrote:

    > richard wrote:
    > <snip>
    >> This crazy contraption was just seen on a commercial. Some lame brain fool
    >> is trying his luck with it. What does it do? Well you hold it in both hands
    >> and shake it. The inner section moves back and forth as you shake it.

    > <snip>
    >
    > So, what you're saying is that you get the same 'exercise' without the
    > device?
    >
    > n0i

    I could get the same effect from shaking a two litre bottle filled
    partially with water.

    Could I market the hula hoop as a weight loss method?

    richard, Jan 27, 2010
  4. richard

    richard Guest

    On Tue, 26 Jan 2010 20:17:48 -0800, Evan Platt wrote:

    > On Tue, 26 Jan 2010 20:51:45 -0700, richard <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>Had the internet been around in his day, the travelling circus would not be
    >>known.
    >>Yes friends and neighbors, you too can make millions of dollars from
    >>suckers. Uh er I mean customers.
    >>
    >>www.shakeweight.com
    >>
    >>This crazy contraption was just seen on a commercial. Some lame brain fool
    >>is trying his luck with it. What does it do? Well you hold it in both hands
    >>and shake it. The inner section moves back and forth as you shake it.
    >>
    >>Wow. I mean this rate right along with the fantastic magnetic stuff that
    >>was being touted off a few years back. The magnets were strong they
    >>couldn't even hold a paper clip.

    > barf, old.
    >
    >>Why doesn't the FTC step in and stop this crap from even being sold let
    >>alone advertised?

    > Why? Under what grounds?
    >
    > Oh come on. If they did, you'd be the first to cry foul, that the FTC
    > has no right to do so.

    Actually, the FTC has every legal right to shut them down. A couple of
    years ago there was an ad being run for getting rich quick right? "Crazy
    like a fox". They had numerous websites with the name and a number.
    Probably for the market area. I wrote a nice complaint letter about them
    and the FTC took action.

    The FTC is quite aware of these hucksters. It may take awhile but
    eventually the idiots get taken down.

    The law is, if you advertise it, it damn well better be what your claims
    are. Now if they could only apply that to politicians.

    There was a guy once years ago who was advertising an alarm system based
    upon the claim that a person entering a room caused the barometric pressure
    to change. Pure bullshit. He got shut down.

    richard, Jan 27, 2010
  5. richard

    richard Guest

    On Tue, 26 Jan 2010 20:23:00 -0800, Evan Platt wrote:

    > On Tue, 26 Jan 2010 23:07:03 -0500, thund3rstruck
    > <thund3rstruck_n0i@live> wrote:
    >
    >> So, what you're saying is that you get the same 'exercise' without the
    >>device?

    > He lives from motel to motel. He probably hasn't had a girlfriend in
    > years - decades maybe. Cut him some slack.

    Jealous aren't we?

    richard, Jan 27, 2010
  6. richard

    richard Guest

    On Tue, 26 Jan 2010 22:04:08 -0800, Evan Platt wrote:

    > On Tue, 26 Jan 2010 22:32:57 -0700, richard <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>Actually, the FTC has every legal right to shut them down.

    > Under what grounds?
    >
    >>A couple of years ago there was an ad being run for getting rich quick right? "Crazy
    >>like a fox". They had numerous websites with the name and a number.
    >>Probably for the market area. I wrote a nice complaint letter about them
    >>and the FTC took action.

    > I'm sure it was YOUR letter that got them shut down.
    >
    >>The FTC is quite aware of these hucksters. It may take awhile but
    >>eventually the idiots get taken down.

    > Maybe if you write them a letter...
    >
    >>The law is, if you advertise it, it damn well better be what your claims
    >>are. Now if they could only apply that to politicians.

    > I see no unrealistic claims on the website. And a money back
    > guarantee.

    They all have money back guarantees. Try to get it.

    richard, Jan 27, 2010
  7. richard

    Aardvark Guest

    On Tue, 26 Jan 2010 22:04:08 -0800, Evan Platt wrote:

    >>The law is, if you advertise it, it damn well better be what your claims
    >>are. Now if they could only apply that to politicians.

    > I see no unrealistic claims on the website. And a money back guarantee.

    That's 'TRIPLE' money back. I doubt a product seller would offer that
    unless he were 300% sure of the efficacy of his product.

    --
    Algy met a bear
    The bear was bulgy

    Aardvark, Jan 27, 2010