P&S dope gets him camera smashed

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Rich, Dec 11, 2008.

  1. Rich

    Rich Guest

    1. Advertising

  2. Rich

    Dave Cohen Guest

    Dave Cohen, Dec 11, 2008
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. Rich

    Chris H Guest

    In message <2008121107385516807-christophercampbell@hotmailcom>, C J
    Campbell <> writes
    >On 2008-12-11 06:39:37 -0800, Rich <> said:
    >
    >> http://www.golf.com/golf/tours_news/article/0,28136,1865772,00.html

    >
    >Sounds like Daly needs to grow up a little bit. You would think after
    >having been fined by the PGA, jailed for intoxication and belligerence,
    >and injuring himself in a temper tantrum, that he might learn something.
    >
    >But, no. It is the photographer's fault


    Actually it is the photographers fault. . If you read the article
    spectators are not permitted to use cameras. So he could have been
    ejected from the event.

    That said it is probably illegal to destroy or damage the camera.



    --
    \/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
    \/\/\/\/\ Chris Hills Staffs England /\/\/\/\/
    \/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/
    Chris H, Dec 11, 2008
    #3
  4. Grimly Curmudgeon, Dec 11, 2008
    #4
  5. Chris H wrote:
    > In message <2008121107385516807-christophercampbell@hotmailcom>, C J
    > Campbell <> writes
    >> On 2008-12-11 06:39:37 -0800, Rich <> said:
    >>
    >>> http://www.golf.com/golf/tours_news/article/0,28136,1865772,00.html

    >>
    >> Sounds like Daly needs to grow up a little bit. You would think after
    >> having been fined by the PGA, jailed for intoxication and
    >> belligerence, and injuring himself in a temper tantrum, that he might
    >> learn something.
    >>
    >> But, no. It is the photographer's fault

    >
    > Actually it is the photographers fault. . If you read the article
    > spectators are not permitted to use cameras. So he could have been
    > ejected from the event.
    >
    > That said it is probably illegal to destroy or damage the camera.


    As I read it, it was more the flashing in the face that did it. Both
    Daly and the camera wielder are boors, Daly for a longer, or at least,
    better documented, period.


    --
    John McWilliams
    "The most important kind of freedom is to be what you really are. You
    trade in your reality for a role. You trade in your sense for an act.
    You give up your ability to feel, and in exchange, put on a mask. There
    can't be any large-scale revolution until there's a personal revolution,
    on an individual level. It's got to happen inside first."
    -Jim Morrison
    John McWilliams, Dec 11, 2008
    #5
  6. Rich

    Rich Guest

    On Dec 11, 10:38 am, C J Campbell <>
    wrote:
    > On 2008-12-11 06:39:37 -0800, Rich <> said:
    >
    > >http://www.golf.com/golf/tours_news/article/0,28136,1865772,00.html

    >
    > Sounds like Daly needs to grow up a little bit. You would think after
    > having been fined by the PGA, jailed for intoxication and belligerence,
    > and injuring himself in a temper tantrum, that he might learn something.


    True, he is like that, but the quality level of fans on golf courses
    in the past decade has deteriorated. Anyone blasted a flash at me
    while I was concentrating on making a shot, I'd be mad too.
    Rich, Dec 11, 2008
    #6
  7. Rich

    Chris H Guest

    In message <ghriaa$oj3$>, John McWilliams
    <> writes
    >Chris H wrote:
    >> In message <2008121107385516807-christophercampbell@hotmailcom>, C J
    >>Campbell <> writes
    >>> On 2008-12-11 06:39:37 -0800, Rich <> said:
    >>>
    >>>> http://www.golf.com/golf/tours_news/article/0,28136,1865772,00.html
    >>>
    >>> Sounds like Daly needs to grow up a little bit. You would think
    >>>after having been fined by the PGA, jailed for intoxication and
    >>>belligerence, and injuring himself in a temper tantrum, that he might
    >>>something.
    >>>
    >>> But, no. It is the photographer's fault

    >> Actually it is the photographers fault. . If you read the article
    >>spectators are not permitted to use cameras. So he could have been
    >>ejected from the event.
    >> That said it is probably illegal to destroy or damage the camera.

    >
    >As I read it, it was more the flashing in the face that did it. Both
    >Daly and the camera wielder are boors, Daly for a longer, or at least,
    >better documented, period.


    Both were out of order I think but smashing the camera is OTT
    --
    \/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
    \/\/\/\/\ Chris Hills Staffs England /\/\/\/\/
    \/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/
    Chris H, Dec 11, 2008
    #7
  8. Rich

    tony cooper Guest

    On Thu, 11 Dec 2008 09:40:48 -0800 (PST), Rich <>
    wrote:

    >On Dec 11, 10:38 am, C J Campbell <>
    >wrote:
    >> On 2008-12-11 06:39:37 -0800, Rich <> said:
    >>
    >> >http://www.golf.com/golf/tours_news/article/0,28136,1865772,00.html

    >>
    >> Sounds like Daly needs to grow up a little bit. You would think after
    >> having been fined by the PGA, jailed for intoxication and belligerence,
    >> and injuring himself in a temper tantrum, that he might learn something.

    >
    >True, he is like that, but the quality level of fans on golf courses
    >in the past decade has deteriorated. Anyone blasted a flash at me
    >while I was concentrating on making a shot, I'd be mad too.


    My house faces a tee on a golf course. Earlier this year, when I was
    mowing my grass, a golfer left the tee and came over to me and
    demanded that I stop my riding mower until he finished teeing off. He
    said that the noise interfered with his concentration.

    I told him that I'd seen his swing, and no amount of quiet would
    improve it.


    --
    Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
    tony cooper, Dec 11, 2008
    #8
  9. Rich

    mianileng Guest

    bowser wrote:
    > "C J Campbell" <> wrote in
    > message
    > news:2008121107385516807-christophercampbell@hotmailcom...
    >> On 2008-12-11 06:39:37 -0800, Rich <>
    >> said:
    >>
    >>> http://www.golf.com/golf/tours_news/article/0,28136,1865772,00.html

    >>
    >> Sounds like Daly needs to grow up a little bit. You would
    >> think after
    >> having been fined by the PGA, jailed for intoxication and
    >> belligerence, and injuring himself in a temper tantrum, that
    >> he
    >> might learn something. But, no. It is the photographer's fault
    >> that he loses his temper.
    >> Riiiigghht. I will grant that fans can be annoying. But that
    >> is why
    >> he gets paid the big bucks. As Arnold Palmer told Tiger Woods
    >> when
    >> he went through a phase of bad temper at the beginning of his
    >> career: "If you don't like it, give the money back." No one is
    >> forcing these guys to be famous. They choose their career
    >> knowing
    >> full well that they will be surrounded by annoying fans, that
    >> they
    >> will have zero privacy, and that fans will constantly be
    >> snapping
    >> their point & shoots at them. Tough. If you don't like it,
    >> give the
    >> money back. Retire. Do something less conspicuous. But stop
    >> acting
    >> like a jerk.

    >
    > So the guy who shoved the camera 6" from his face and flashed
    > him is
    > totally without fault? At an event where (gee, why?) cameras
    > aren't
    > permitted? Sorry, Daly is a jerk, but this guy is one step
    > lower than
    > that. Unless we're all supposed to tolerate some asshole
    > shoving a
    > camera in your face and flashing you while you're trying to
    > work.


    I thought the 6-inch distance was a figure of speech. Not that I
    condone the photographer's thoughtless action.

    What I find rather hilarious is what is implied by the subject
    line of this thread: that it could only happen to a "P&S dope".
    It makes me wonder if Daly would have reacted differently had the
    photographer had been using a DSLR. :)
    mianileng, Dec 11, 2008
    #9
  10. Rich

    Paul Heslop Guest

    Caesar Romano wrote:
    >
    > On Thu, 11 Dec 2008 17:05:43 +0000, Grimly Curmudgeon
    > <> wrote Re Re: P&S dope gets him camera
    > smashed:
    >
    > >One arshole collides with another.

    >
    > Sounds like an old movie:
    >
    > "When Assholes Collide"


    No no, one of those 'documentaries' like 'when pets go bad'

    --
    Paul (We won't die of devotion)
    -------------------------------------------------------
    Stop and Look
    http://www.geocities.com/dreamst8me/
    Paul Heslop, Dec 11, 2008
    #10
  11. Rich

    SteveG Guest

    ROTFLMHO :) :)


    Regards

    Steve G


    tony cooper wrote:
    > On Thu, 11 Dec 2008 09:40:48 -0800 (PST), Rich <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> On Dec 11, 10:38 am, C J Campbell <>
    >> wrote:
    >>> On 2008-12-11 06:39:37 -0800, Rich <> said:
    >>>
    >>>> http://www.golf.com/golf/tours_news/article/0,28136,1865772,00.html
    >>> Sounds like Daly needs to grow up a little bit. You would think after
    >>> having been fined by the PGA, jailed for intoxication and belligerence,
    >>> and injuring himself in a temper tantrum, that he might learn something.

    >> True, he is like that, but the quality level of fans on golf courses
    >> in the past decade has deteriorated. Anyone blasted a flash at me
    >> while I was concentrating on making a shot, I'd be mad too.

    >
    > My house faces a tee on a golf course. Earlier this year, when I was
    > mowing my grass, a golfer left the tee and came over to me and
    > demanded that I stop my riding mower until he finished teeing off. He
    > said that the noise interfered with his concentration.
    >
    > I told him that I'd seen his swing, and no amount of quiet would
    > improve it.
    >
    >
    SteveG, Dec 11, 2008
    #11
  12. Rich

    mianileng Guest

    tony cooper wrote:
    >
    > My house faces a tee on a golf course. Earlier this year, when
    > I was
    > mowing my grass, a golfer left the tee and came over to me and
    > demanded that I stop my riding mower until he finished teeing
    > off. He
    > said that the noise interfered with his concentration.
    >
    > I told him that I'd seen his swing, and no amount of quiet
    > would
    > improve it.


    Priceless.
    mianileng, Dec 11, 2008
    #12
  13. mianileng wrote:
    > bowser wrote:
    >> "C J Campbell" <> wrote in
    >> message
    >> news:2008121107385516807-christophercampbell@hotmailcom...


    >> permitted? Sorry, Daly is a jerk, but this guy is one step
    >> lower than
    >> that. Unless we're all supposed to tolerate some asshole
    >> shoving a
    >> camera in your face and flashing you while you're trying to
    >> work.

    >
    > I thought the 6-inch distance was a figure of speech. Not that I
    > condone the photographer's thoughtless action.


    As did I, but it must have been too close whatever the exact distance.
    >
    > What I find rather hilarious is what is implied by the subject
    > line of this thread: that it could only happen to a "P&S dope".
    > It makes me wonder if Daly would have reacted differently had the
    > photographer had been using a DSLR. :)


    Hmmmm. Are you trolling for the pest??

    :)
    John McWilliams, Dec 11, 2008
    #13
  14. tony cooper wrote:
    > On Thu, 11 Dec 2008 09:40:48 -0800 (PST), Rich <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> On Dec 11, 10:38 am, C J Campbell <>
    >> wrote:
    >>> On 2008-12-11 06:39:37 -0800, Rich <> said:
    >>>
    >>>> http://www.golf.com/golf/tours_news/article/0,28136,1865772,00.html
    >>> Sounds like Daly needs to grow up a little bit. You would think after
    >>> having been fined by the PGA, jailed for intoxication and belligerence,
    >>> and injuring himself in a temper tantrum, that he might learn something.

    >> True, he is like that, but the quality level of fans on golf courses
    >> in the past decade has deteriorated. Anyone blasted a flash at me
    >> while I was concentrating on making a shot, I'd be mad too.

    >
    > My house faces a tee on a golf course. Earlier this year, when I was
    > mowing my grass, a golfer left the tee and came over to me and
    > demanded that I stop my riding mower until he finished teeing off. He
    > said that the noise interfered with his concentration.
    >
    > I told him that I'd seen his swing, and no amount of quiet would
    > improve it.
    >
    >

    Bada-bing! Excellent, tony. Should I ever inhabit a tee side cottage,
    I'll remember that one.

    --
    john mcwilliams
    John McWilliams, Dec 11, 2008
    #14
  15. Rich

    just bob Guest

    just bob, Dec 11, 2008
    #15
  16. Rich

    DRS Guest

    "Chris H" <> wrote in message
    news:

    [...]

    > Actually it is the photographers fault. . If you read the article
    > spectators are not permitted to use cameras. So he could have been
    > ejected from the event.
    >
    > That said it is probably illegal to destroy or damage the camera.


    There is no "probably" about it. It is illegal under NSW law, as it should
    be. Two wrongs do not make a right. That the spectator did the wrong thing
    did not and cannot justify Daly's action.
    DRS, Dec 11, 2008
    #16
  17. Rich

    J. Clarke Guest

    DRS wrote:
    > "Chris H" <> wrote in message
    > news:
    >
    > [...]
    >
    >> Actually it is the photographers fault. . If you read the article
    >> spectators are not permitted to use cameras. So he could have
    >> been
    >> ejected from the event.
    >>
    >> That said it is probably illegal to destroy or damage the camera.

    >
    > There is no "probably" about it. It is illegal under NSW law, as it
    > should be. Two wrongs do not make a right. That the spectator did
    > the wrong thing did not and cannot justify Daly's action.


    Two wrongs may not make a right but they very likely do make a P&Ser
    who won't shove his camera in another golfer's face on the course.

    --
    --
    --John
    to email, dial "usenet" and validate
    (was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)
    J. Clarke, Dec 12, 2008
    #17
  18. Rich

    tony cooper Guest

    On Thu, 11 Dec 2008 15:37:15 -0800, "just bob" <>
    wrote:

    >God forbid a bird should chirp and frighten the poor man.
    >
    >"Rich" <> wrote in message
    >news:...
    >> http://www.golf.com/golf/tours_news/article/0,28136,1865772,00.html

    >


    You don't remember the incident of pro golfer Tripp Isenhour and the
    hawk? The hawk was squawking when Tripp was making an instructional
    video, so Tripp started hitting balls at the hawk. One connected, and
    the hawk died. http://sports.espn.go.com/golf/news/story?id=3279958




    --
    Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
    tony cooper, Dec 12, 2008
    #18
  19. Rich

    Jurgen Guest

    C J Campbell wrote:
    > On 2008-12-11 06:39:37 -0800, Rich <> said:
    >
    >> http://www.golf.com/golf/tours_news/article/0,28136,1865772,00.html

    >
    > Sounds like Daly needs to grow up a little bit. You would think after
    > having been fined by the PGA, jailed for intoxication and belligerence,
    > and injuring himself in a temper tantrum, that he might learn something.
    >
    > But, no. It is the photographer's fault that he loses his temper.
    > Riiiigghht. I will grant that fans can be annoying. But that is why he
    > gets paid the big bucks. As Arnold Palmer told Tiger Woods when he went
    > through a phase of bad temper at the beginning of his career: "If you
    > don't like it, give the money back." No one is forcing these guys to be
    > famous. They choose their career knowing full well that they will be
    > surrounded by annoying fans, that they will have zero privacy, and that
    > fans will constantly be snapping their point & shoots at them. Tough. If
    > you don't like it, give the money back. Retire. Do something less
    > conspicuous. But stop acting like a jerk.
    >


    According to the latest new from Australia's Sydney Morning Herald there
    is a huge sign at the entrance to the course "NO CAMERAS" and clear
    directions that anyone using one on the green will be escorted off the
    course.

    I don't condone bad behaviour but if I was making a living at doing
    something I needed clear eyesight for and someone poked a camera in my
    face and let the flash blind me, I'd be pissed enough to do the same thing.

    Pretty poor security anyway. Where were those who police the conditions
    of access? Too many cowboys these days think they can ignore laws, rules
    and conditions and scream about how hard done they are when they get
    caught.
    Jurgen, Dec 12, 2008
    #19
  20. Rich

    Mark Thomas Guest

    Ron Hunter wrote:
    > C J Campbell wrote:
    >> On 2008-12-11 06:39:37 -0800, Rich <> said:
    >>
    >>> http://www.golf.com/golf/tours_news/article/0,28136,1865772,00.html

    >>
    >> Sounds like Daly needs to grow up a little bit. You would think after
    >> having been fined by the PGA, jailed for intoxication and
    >> belligerence, and injuring himself in a temper tantrum, that he might
    >> learn something.
    >>
    >> But, no. It is the photographer's fault that he loses his temper.
    >> Riiiigghht. I will grant that fans can be annoying. But that is why he
    >> gets paid the big bucks. As Arnold Palmer told Tiger Woods when he
    >> went through a phase of bad temper at the beginning of his career: "If
    >> you don't like it, give the money back." No one is forcing these guys
    >> to be famous. They choose their career knowing full well that they
    >> will be surrounded by annoying fans, that they will have zero privacy,
    >> and that fans will constantly be snapping their point & shoots at
    >> them. Tough. If you don't like it, give the money back. Retire. Do
    >> something less conspicuous. But stop acting like a jerk.
    >>

    > Some sports figures make big money for being jerks. Does the name
    > 'Connors' ring a bell.


    ... heh, yeah, that guy who lost the America's Cup to Australia II...
    Mark Thomas, Dec 12, 2008
    #20
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. Ban Consultant
    Replies:
    12
    Views:
    614
    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere
    Aug 12, 2004
  2. Gazwad

    Re: Do you know him

    Gazwad, Aug 13, 2003, in forum: Computer Support
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    383
    Gazwad
    Aug 13, 2003
  3. angler

    Answer this silver serfing dope

    angler, Dec 22, 2003, in forum: Computer Support
    Replies:
    2
    Views:
    349
    Pluto
    Dec 22, 2003
  4. chr4914
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    402
    chr4914
    Feb 8, 2004
  5. Diplom Kaufmann Hinrichs -  Siegert, Knut

    Problem of not knowing a famous Star Email Adress, if one of you know him please drop him a note

    Diplom Kaufmann Hinrichs - Siegert, Knut, Oct 12, 2007, in forum: Computer Support
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    554
    Diplom Kaufmann Hinrichs - Siegert, Knut
    Oct 12, 2007
Loading...

Share This Page