    Thank you any one, Please !!!!!
    --
    miss MAC
    kimmymac, Sep 12, 2009

  2. kimmymac

    Gerard Bok Guest

    On Sat, 12 Sep 2009 02:20:01 -0700, =?Utf-8?B?a2ltbXltYWM=?=
    <> wrote:

    >I am not sure of alot of the abreveations and names for hardware and drivers,
    >so could someone tell me, What is PS/2 Port ? And when it comes to mice, What
    >is a Serial and a HID or a PS/2 ??????????

    PS/2 refers to the connector, small round plugs.
    Usually purple for the keyboard and green for the mouse.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mini-din

    Serial is another type of connector, used for modems, very old
    mice, etc. If your PC is less than 15 years old, it is unlikely
    to have a serial-mouse.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serial_port

    HID stands for 'Human Interface Device' and is used for almost
    anything between you and your PC. Keyboard, Mouse, touchpad,
    drawing pen, etc.

    --
    Kind regards,
    Gerard Bok