Owner of three blown Post Diagnostic Cards requires your help...

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Electronic Components, Oct 19, 2004.

  1. Owner of three blown post diagnostic cards requires your help...
    Problem is that China Inc. actually went through the trouble
    to grind off the chip part numbers :-(

    Though "debug cards" can now be had for as low as $10, there
    is the desire to refine one's surfacemount soldering skills
    and to replace what looks like 10 cent TTL glue logic.

    Here is a picture of the same card I have, but with part numbers:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6700762882&category=1244

    All the cards sold now look like they retain their chip part
    numbers.

    If someone purchased this type of card with chip part numbers,
    could you either post or e-mail the numbers on the following
    ten chips.

    U2 -
    U3 - (looks like a 74LS02 in the above picture link)
    U4 -
    U5 - (looks like it reads 74LS04)
    U6 -
    U7 -
    U8 - (looks like GAL16V8)
    U9 - (looks like GAL16V8)
    U11 -
    U12 - (looks like 74F74)

    Even better would be if someone has a schematic diagram or went
    through the bother to trace one out. If the GAL16V8 chips are blown
    one would be SOL, but there is glue logic between them and the bus.

    As they say... Strike three and you're out...
    Electronic Components, Oct 19, 2004

  2. Electronic Components

    rstlne Guest

    Try sci.electronics.repair
    rstlne, Oct 19, 2004

  3. I was walking down the street, minding my own business, when on 18
    Oct 2004 22:07:25 -0700, (Electronic
    Components) screamed from behind the mulberry bush:

    >Owner of three blown post diagnostic cards requires your help...
    >Problem is that China Inc. actually went through the trouble
    >to grind off the chip part numbers :-(
    >
    >Though "debug cards" can now be had for as low as $10, there
    >is the desire to refine one's surfacemount soldering skills
    >and to replace what looks like 10 cent TTL glue logic.
    >
    >Here is a picture of the same card I have, but with part numbers:
    >http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6700762882&category=1244
    >
    >All the cards sold now look like they retain their chip part
    >numbers.
    >
    >If someone purchased this type of card with chip part numbers,
    >could you either post or e-mail the numbers on the following
    >ten chips.
    >
    >U2 -
    >U3 - (looks like a 74LS02 in the above picture link)
    >U4 -
    >U5 - (looks like it reads 74LS04)
    >U6 -
    >U7 -
    >U8 - (looks like GAL16V8)
    >U9 - (looks like GAL16V8)
    >U11 -
    >U12 - (looks like 74F74)
    >
    >Even better would be if someone has a schematic diagram or went
    >through the bother to trace one out. If the GAL16V8 chips are blown
    >one would be SOL, but there is glue logic between them and the bus.
    >

    >As they say... Strike three and you're out...

    Those cards have always been shit, even back in the early 90s. Throw
    away the junk you have and don't buy them anymore.
    Dr. Harvie Wahl-Banghor, Oct 19, 2004
  4. Electronic Components

    Fishface Guest

    Electronic Components wrote:
    > If someone purchased this type of card with chip part numbers,
    > could you either post or e-mail the numbers on the following
    > ten chips.

    www.focusmagic.com
    Download the trial. Clicking on the image gives you a preview.
    Sharpens those babies right up...
    Fishface, Oct 19, 2004
  5. Electronic Components

    why? Guest

    x-post trimmed to 24hshd from
    24hoursupport.helpdesk,uk.adverts.computer,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.abit

    On 18 Oct 2004 22:07:25 -0700, Electronic Components wrote:

    >Owner of three blown post diagnostic cards requires your help...
    >Problem is that China Inc. actually went through the trouble
    >to grind off the chip part numbers :-(
    >
    >Though "debug cards" can now be had for as low as $10, there
    >is the desire to refine one's surfacemount soldering skills
    >and to replace what looks like 10 cent TTL glue logic.
    >
    >Here is a picture of the same card I have, but with part numbers:
    >http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6700762882&category=1244
    >
    >All the cards sold now look like they retain their chip part
    >numbers.
    >
    >If someone purchased this type of card with chip part numbers,
    >could you either post or e-mail the numbers on the following
    >ten chips.
    >
    >U2 -
    >U3 - (looks like a 74LS02 in the above picture link)
    >U4 -
    >U5 - (looks like it reads 74LS04)
    >U6 -
    >U7 -
    >U8 - (looks like GAL16V8)
    >U9 - (looks like GAL16V8)

    The above are programmable devices, most likely you can't replace these
    with blanks :)

    <snip>

    >Even better would be if someone has a schematic diagram or went
    >through the bother to trace one out. If the GAL16V8 chips are blown
    >one would be SOL, but there is glue logic between them and the bus.

    SOL?

    Ah right, you are hoping the glue logic blew and protected the GAL's.

    Me
    why?, Oct 19, 2004