    (web capable phones) download and install SSL certs?).

    --
    Duncan
    Dave Doe, Nov 30, 2006

  2. "Dave Doe" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hi,
    >
    > Can the Subj work?
    >
    > I have been asked to setup OWA for a client (SBS 2000 premium (w' ISA
    > server) - and I would like to secure it via a private SSL certifcate.
    >
    > Only I wonder how this would work if you have a web capable mobile
    > phone?
    >
    > The phone in question (specifically) is a Palm 1 Treo. Can these things
    > (web capable phones) download and install SSL certs?).
    >
    > --
    > Duncan

    You want to use OMA, not OWA. PalmOne Treo so I suppose it's the Palm OS
    version, not the Windows Mobile. I don't think you can on Palm OS, but you
    have to check in the browser...

    On Windows Mobile you just have to load the cert for the CA into the device,
    tap it in File Explorer and it will load into the Certificate Storage.

    --

    Mauricio Freitas
    www.geekzone.co.nz
    Mauricio Freitas [MVP], Nov 30, 2006

  3. Dave Doe

    Dave Doe Guest

    In article <456e7530$>, says...

    > "Dave Doe" <> wrote in message
    > > Hi,
    > >
    > > Can the Subj work?
    > >
    > > I have been asked to setup OWA for a client (SBS 2000 premium (w' ISA
    > > server) - and I would like to secure it via a private SSL certifcate.
    > >
    > > Only I wonder how this would work if you have a web capable mobile
    > > phone?
    > >
    > > The phone in question (specifically) is a Palm 1 Treo. Can these things
    > > (web capable phones) download and install SSL certs?).
    > >
    > > --
    > > Duncan

    > You want to use OMA, not OWA. PalmOne Treo so I suppose it's the Palm OS
    > version, not the Windows Mobile. I don't think you can on Palm OS, but you
    > have to check in the browser...
    >
    > On Windows Mobile you just have to load the cert for the CA into the device,
    > tap it in File Explorer and it will load into the Certificate Storage.

    Thanks, good to know. PS: sbs2000=exchange server 2000 - I don't
    remember hearing about oma for that (now quite old) version. Do you
    know?

    --
    Duncan
    Dave Doe, Nov 30, 2006
  4. "Dave Doe" <> wrote in message
    > In article <456e7530$>, says...
    >>

    >> "Dave Doe" <> wrote in message
    >> > Hi,
    >> >
    >> > Can the Subj work?
    >> >
    >> > I have been asked to setup OWA for a client (SBS 2000 premium (w' ISA
    >> > server) - and I would like to secure it via a private SSL certifcate.
    >> >
    >> > Only I wonder how this would work if you have a web capable mobile
    >> > phone?
    >> >
    >> > The phone in question (specifically) is a Palm 1 Treo. Can these
    >> > things
    >> > (web capable phones) download and install SSL certs?).
    >> >
    >> > --
    >> > Duncan

    >> You want to use OMA, not OWA. PalmOne Treo so I suppose it's the Palm OS
    >> version, not the Windows Mobile. I don't think you can on Palm OS, but
    >> you
    >> have to check in the browser...
    >>
    >> On Windows Mobile you just have to load the cert for the CA into the
    >> device,
    >> tap it in File Explorer and it will load into the Certificate Storage.

    > Thanks, good to know. PS: sbs2000=exchange server 2000 - I don't
    > remember hearing about oma for that (now quite old) version. Do you
    > know?
    >
    > --
    > Duncan

    You might have to investigate the MIS (Mobile Information Server)
    software...

    --

    Mauricio Freitas
    www.geekzone.co.nz