    --
    Georg Schwarz http://home.pages.de/~schwarz/
    +49 178 8545053

    Georg Schwarz, Oct 1, 2005

  2. (Georg Schwarz) writes:
    > Is there a good overview of SIP providers available on the web listing
    > things like whether they provide PSTN numbers, to which other VoIP
    > providers they offer free calls, their tariffs, etc.?

    A good place to start is (search for "voip service providers"). They
    list quite a few flat-rate and per-minute services.

    http://www.voip-info.org/tiki-index.php

    Unfortunately I haven't seen a large chart any place with all the
    service providers compared on one-page. That would be useful.

    -wolfgang
    Microsoft Vista - because "Virus Installer" was too long.

    Wolfgang S. Rupprecht, Oct 1, 2005

  3. On Sat, 01 Oct 2005 14:54:36 +0000, Wolfgang S. Rupprecht wrote:

    > (Georg Schwarz) writes:
    >> Is there a good overview of SIP providers available on the web listing
    >> things like whether they provide PSTN numbers, to which other VoIP
    >> providers they offer free calls, their tariffs, etc.?

    > A good place to start is (search for "voip service providers"). They list
    > quite a few flat-rate and per-minute services.
    >
    > http://www.voip-info.org/tiki-index.php
    >
    > Unfortunately I haven't seen a large chart any place with all the service
    > providers compared on one-page. That would be useful.

    I have one online om http://wangerin.linux.dk though it's primaryly
    targeted for the danish audience, som it's primaryly danish and european
    providers that are listed.

    Henning Wangerin, Oct 3, 2005
  4. Henning Wangerin <> wrote:

    > I have one online om http://wangerin.linux.dk though it's primaryly
    > targeted for the danish audience, som it's primaryly danish and european
    > providers that are listed.

    .... and it's all in Danish :)

    Anyway, you seem to focus on outgoing calls. Your list does not show
    which providers are offering PSTN numbers for incoming call, does it?

    BTW, a similar database can be found at http://www.teltarif.de (in
    German and focussed on the German market, but this becomes less and less
    of importance with VoIP...)

    Georg Schwarz, Oct 3, 2005
  5. On Mon, 03 Oct 2005 22:56:33 +0200, Georg Schwarz wrote:

    > Henning Wangerin <> wrote:
    >
    >> I have one online om http://wangerin.linux.dk though it's primaryly
    >> targeted for the danish audience, som it's primaryly danish and european
    >> providers that are listed.

    > ... and it's all in Danish :)

    Yeah ;-)

    > Anyway, you seem to focus on outgoing calls. Your list does not show which
    > providers are offering PSTN numbers for incoming call, does it?

    Right now it does. My old list included oprionts like incoming numbers,
    call-forwarding, supported protocols and more. These info will come back
    online again, but as you can see ther are quiet a number of inofo-bits to
    keep track of ;-)

    > BTW, a similar database can be found at http://www.teltarif.de (in German

    Hey, thanx. I guess I can use that and others to get an idea on other
    markets.

    > and focussed on the German market, but this becomes less and less of
    > importance with VoIP...)

    I agree on that. I have a couple of danish, a german, a US and two british
    providers online, and depending on the cost to the desired destination I
    use the best/cheapest provider.

    Best saving (not counting the free/flatrate providers) would be a call
    from Denmark to China: 14.00 DKK using the Danish Telcom, compared with
    ~0.14 DKK using sipgate.de

    Now thats saving that you can feel ;-)

    /Henning

    Henning Wangerin, Oct 4, 2005