    had a similar experience??

    Hugh
    , Nov 26, 2006

  2. ~misfit~ Guest

    wrote:
    > Hi,
    > I initially tried posting to NZ general but they thought I was a
    > troll. Maybe someone here can offer advice...
    > I recently received a promotion and a pay rise and have just
    > discovered
    >
    > that my work is over paying me by roughly the same amount again... for
    > example lets say my salary went from $50,000 a year to $60,000. Well
    > they are now paying me $70,000. I was overseas when the first
    > fortnightly payment went into my account, and have now received a
    > second. Obviously I will have to tell them but I am wondering whether
    >
    > will have to pay back the money. It is their fault, not mine. Anyone
    > had a similar experience??
    >
    > Hugh

    Dear Mr. Cock.

    I suggest you keep quiet about it and donate it to a worthy cause. I
    consider myself to be a worthy cause as I'm an invalid on welfare struggling
    to pay my bills. I can help you with your dilemma. My address can be
    deciphered from the 'return to' on this post.

    Yours in anticipation,
    --
    Shaun.

    "Peace cannot be kept by force. It can only be achieved by understanding"
    Albert Einstein
    ~misfit~, Nov 26, 2006

  3. wrote:
    > Hi,
    > I initially tried posting to NZ general but they thought I was a troll.
    > Maybe someone here can offer advice...
    > I recently received a promotion and a pay rise and have just discovered
    >
    > that my work is over paying me by roughly the same amount again... for
    > example lets say my salary went from $50,000 a year to $60,000. Well
    > they are now paying me $70,000. I was overseas when the first
    > fortnightly payment went into my account, and have now received a
    > second. Obviously I will have to tell them but I am wondering whether I
    >
    > will have to pay back the money. It is their fault, not mine. Anyone

    I think you'll have to pay it back

    > had a similar experience??

    Its their fault, that you received a promotion and a pay rise in the
    first place
    Nathan Mercer, Nov 26, 2006
  4. wrote:
    > Hi,
    > I initially tried posting to NZ general but they thought I was a troll.
    > Maybe someone here can offer advice...
    > I recently received a promotion and a pay rise and have just discovered
    >
    > that my work is over paying me by roughly the same amount again... for
    > example lets say my salary went from $50,000 a year to $60,000. Well
    > they are now paying me $70,000. I was overseas when the first
    > fortnightly payment went into my account, and have now received a
    > second. Obviously I will have to tell them but I am wondering whether I
    >
    > will have to pay back the money. It is their fault, not mine. Anyone
    > had a similar experience??
    >
    > Hugh

    Do more work to earn the extra.
    Andrew Lambert, Nov 26, 2006
  5. Jonno Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    > I initially tried posting to NZ general but they thought I was a troll.
    > Maybe someone here can offer advice...
    > I recently received a promotion and a pay rise and have just discovered
    >
    > that my work is over paying me by roughly the same amount again... for
    > example lets say my salary went from $50,000 a year to $60,000. Well
    > they are now paying me $70,000. I was overseas when the first
    > fortnightly payment went into my account, and have now received a
    > second. Obviously I will have to tell them but I am wondering whether I
    >
    > will have to pay back the money. It is their fault, not mine. Anyone
    > had a similar experience??
    >
    > Hugh

    Put the extra money in a high interest account and keep it there for as long
    as possible. You will have to pay it back ultimately but you might as well
    make something out of it

    Jonno
    Jonno, Nov 27, 2006
  6. MarkH Guest

    wrote in news:1164581435.514576.20730
    @n67g2000cwd.googlegroups.com:

    > Hi,
    > I initially tried posting to NZ general but they thought I was a troll.
    > Maybe someone here can offer advice...
    > I recently received a promotion and a pay rise and have just discovered
    >
    > that my work is over paying me by roughly the same amount again... for
    > example lets say my salary went from $50,000 a year to $60,000. Well
    > they are now paying me $70,000. I was overseas when the first
    > fortnightly payment went into my account, and have now received a
    > second. Obviously I will have to tell them but I am wondering whether I
    >
    > will have to pay back the money. It is their fault, not mine. Anyone
    > had a similar experience??

    They can just pay you less next week to get back the amount overpaid, there
    is no need for you to actually pay back the excess.

    If you meant: "am I entitled to keep the money that was incorrectly paid to
    me" then the answer is no, they made a mistake and are entitled to correct
    it. It reminds me of the person who found a large amount of extra money in
    his bank account and moved it to another account so that hopefully the bank
    wouldn't realise that he had it when they discovered the mistake - he got
    charged for dishonesty as a result.

    The obvious question is whether you are sure that you are not supposed to
    have that much? If it is a definite mistake you would come across as a
    more honest employee if you enquire with the company about whether your pay
    is correct as it seems like more than it should be.

    --
    Mark Heyes (New Zealand)
    See my pics at www.gigatech.co.nz (last updated 23-Nov-06)
    MarkH, Nov 27, 2006
  7. Jonno Guest

    "~misfit~" <> wrote in message
    > wrote:
    >> Hi,
    >> I initially tried posting to NZ general but they thought I was a
    >> troll. Maybe someone here can offer advice...
    >> I recently received a promotion and a pay rise and have just
    >> discovered
    >>
    >> that my work is over paying me by roughly the same amount again... for
    >> example lets say my salary went from $50,000 a year to $60,000. Well
    >> they are now paying me $70,000. I was overseas when the first
    >> fortnightly payment went into my account, and have now received a
    >> second. Obviously I will have to tell them but I am wondering whether
    >>
    >> will have to pay back the money. It is their fault, not mine. Anyone
    >> had a similar experience??
    >>
    >> Hugh

    > Dear Mr. Cock.
    >
    > I suggest you keep quiet about it and donate it to a worthy cause. I
    > consider myself to be a worthy cause as I'm an invalid on welfare
    > struggling to pay my bills. I can help you with your dilemma. My address
    > can be deciphered from the 'return to' on this post.
    >
    > Yours in anticipation,
    > --
    > Shaun.
    >
    > "Peace cannot be kept by force. It can only be achieved by understanding"
    > Albert Einstein

    Hell, your name isn't really Don Brash is it? LOL
    Jonno, Nov 27, 2006
  8. Vista Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    > I initially tried posting to NZ general but they thought I was a troll.
    > Maybe someone here can offer advice...
    > I recently received a promotion and a pay rise and have just discovered
    >
    > that my work is over paying me by roughly the same amount again... for
    > example lets say my salary went from $50,000 a year to $60,000. Well
    > they are now paying me $70,000. I was overseas when the first
    > fortnightly payment went into my account, and have now received a
    > second. Obviously I will have to tell them but I am wondering whether I
    >
    > will have to pay back the money. It is their fault, not mine. Anyone
    > had a similar experience??
    >
    > Hugh

    Of course you will have to pay it back, and keeping quiet instead of
    informing them of the error, indicates to your employer that you could be
    dishonest, as you are fully aware of the mistake and haven't informed them
    of it..
    A similar problem occurred with a small business I know of. The payments
    that went into the employees bank account were more than they should have
    been. The employee didn't inform the employer of the error, and when the
    employer picked up the error and confronted them, the employee said they
    thought it was a bonus for christmas. They said that they weren't able to
    pay the money back, so the police were called in, and the employee quickly
    coughed up. There is no doubt you have to pay it back, and you also may be
    liable for interest if you don't inform them quickly
    Vista, Nov 27, 2006
  9. whome Guest

    "Vista" <> wrote in message

    > <> wrote in message
    >> Hi,
    >> I initially tried posting to NZ general but they thought I was a troll.
    >> Maybe someone here can offer advice...
    >> I recently received a promotion and a pay rise and have just discovered
    >>
    >> that my work is over paying me by roughly the same amount again... for
    >> example lets say my salary went from $50,000 a year to $60,000. Well
    >> they are now paying me $70,000. I was overseas when the first
    >> fortnightly payment went into my account, and have now received a
    >> second. Obviously I will have to tell them but I am wondering whether I
    >>
    >> will have to pay back the money. It is their fault, not mine. Anyone
    >> had a similar experience??
    >>
    >> Hugh
    >>

    > Of course you will have to pay it back, and keeping quiet instead of
    > informing them of the error, indicates to your employer that you could be
    > dishonest, as you are fully aware of the mistake and haven't informed them
    > of it..
    > A similar problem occurred with a small business I know of. The payments
    > that went into the employees bank account were more than they should have
    > been. The employee didn't inform the employer of the error, and when the
    > employer picked up the error and confronted them, the employee said they
    > thought it was a bonus for christmas. They said that they weren't able to
    > pay the money back, so the police were called in, and the employee quickly
    > coughed up. There is no doubt you have to pay it back, and you also may be
    > liable for interest if you don't inform them quickly

    this guy is a troll.

    In the case the story was true, no interest would ever be payable.
    whome, Nov 27, 2006
  10. RayC Guest

    Paradise.net latest rip off

    My best mate has had a 256k capped xtra plan for some time.

    8 weeks ago his download speeds went from 256 plan speedto 1meg within
    an hour and the high speed service continues for no additional cost.

    when I asked paradise when my 256k service was to speed up, I was told you
    pay for 256k and that is what you are getting.

    When I queried my mates increase I was told each company has their own
    systems in place.

    OURS IS NOT TO PASS ON THE INCREASED SPEEDS.

    Jeeeeeez wept..
    RayC, Nov 27, 2006
  11. EvilclivE Guest

    On , , Mon, 27 Nov 2006 00:02:00 GMT, Re: Overpaid what do I do?,
    MarkH <> wrote:

    > wrote in news:1164581435.514576.20730
    >@n67g2000cwd.googlegroups.com:
    >
    >> Hi,
    >> I initially tried posting to NZ general but they thought I was a troll.
    >> Maybe someone here can offer advice...
    >> I recently received a promotion and a pay rise and have just discovered
    >>
    >> that my work is over paying me by roughly the same amount again... for
    >> example lets say my salary went from $50,000 a year to $60,000. Well
    >> they are now paying me $70,000. I was overseas when the first
    >> fortnightly payment went into my account, and have now received a
    >> second. Obviously I will have to tell them but I am wondering whether I
    >>
    >> will have to pay back the money. It is their fault, not mine. Anyone
    >> had a similar experience??

    >They can just pay you less next week to get back the amount overpaid, there
    >is no need for you to actually pay back the excess.

    The Pay Protection Act prevents the employer from taking anything
    out of your pay apart from what you have agreed to, taxes and
    money that is garnished by various government departments.
    EvilclivE, Nov 27, 2006
  12. wrote:
    >SNIP

    DNFTT

    --
    Cheers
    Southern Kiwi

    Word of wisdom from high in the mountains....you know...like a
    Guru...but not as old....or mystic......or wise....or high... :)
    Southern Kiwi, Nov 27, 2006
  13. E. Scrooge Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    > I initially tried posting to NZ general but they thought I was a troll.
    > Maybe someone here can offer advice...
    > I recently received a promotion and a pay rise and have just discovered
    >
    > that my work is over paying me by roughly the same amount again... for
    > example lets say my salary went from $50,000 a year to $60,000. Well
    > they are now paying me $70,000. I was overseas when the first
    > fortnightly payment went into my account, and have now received a
    > second. Obviously I will have to tell them but I am wondering whether I
    >
    > will have to pay back the money. It is their fault, not mine. Anyone
    > had a similar experience??
    >
    > Hugh

    That might not be the only mistake that they made.

    You had better hope that they don't realise that it was a real big mistake
    hiring you in the first place.
    Just how important is your job to you?

    E. Scrooge
    E. Scrooge, Nov 27, 2006
  14. E. Scrooge Guest

    "Jonno" <> wrote in message

    > "~misfit~" <> wrote in message
    >> wrote:
    >>> Hi,
    >>> I initially tried posting to NZ general but they thought I was a
    >>> troll. Maybe someone here can offer advice...
    >>> I recently received a promotion and a pay rise and have just
    >>> discovered
    >>>
    >>> that my work is over paying me by roughly the same amount again... for
    >>> example lets say my salary went from $50,000 a year to $60,000. Well
    >>> they are now paying me $70,000. I was overseas when the first
    >>> fortnightly payment went into my account, and have now received a
    >>> second. Obviously I will have to tell them but I am wondering whether
    >>>
    >>> will have to pay back the money. It is their fault, not mine. Anyone
    >>> had a similar experience??
    >>>
    >>> Hugh

    >> Dear Mr. Cock.
    >>
    >> I suggest you keep quiet about it and donate it to a worthy cause. I
    >> consider myself to be a worthy cause as I'm an invalid on welfare
    >> struggling to pay my bills. I can help you with your dilemma. My address
    >> can be deciphered from the 'return to' on this post.
    >>
    >> Yours in anticipation,
    >> --
    >> Shaun.
    >>
    >> "Peace cannot be kept by force. It can only be achieved by understanding"
    >> Albert Einstein
    >>

    > Hell, your name isn't really Don Brash is it? LOL

    Yet another leaked email sent to Cock by Donny.

    E. Scrooge
    E. Scrooge, Nov 27, 2006
  15. In message <>, whome wrote:

    > this guy is a troll.

    What does that mean, and why did you say anything if you had nothing
    constructive to say?
    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Nov 27, 2006
  16. whome Guest

    > In message <>, whome wrote:
    >
    >> this guy is a troll.

    > What does that mean, and why did you say anything if you had nothing
    > constructive to say?

    trying to warn the gullible not to reply to this guy

    google troll if you like.
    whome, Nov 27, 2006
  17. In message <>, whome wrote:

    >> In message <>, whome wrote:
    >>
    >>> this guy is a troll.

    >> What does that mean, and why did you say anything if you had nothing
    >> constructive to say?

    > trying to warn the gullible not to reply to this guy

    What would be the undesirable consequences thereof?
    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Nov 27, 2006
  18. whome Guest

    > In message <>, whome wrote:

    >>> What does that mean, and why did you say anything if you had nothing
    >>> constructive to say?

    >> trying to warn the gullible not to reply to this guy

    > What would be the undesirable consequences thereof?

    giving this guy the pleasure of watching a lot of people posting serious
    answers to a joke question.

    but, he has already accomplished his task.
    whome, Nov 27, 2006
  19. Bobs Guest

    Re: Paradise.net latest rip off

    RayC wrote:
    > My best mate has had a 256k capped xtra plan for some time.
    >
    > 8 weeks ago his download speeds went from 256 plan speedto 1meg within
    > an hour and the high speed service continues for no additional cost.
    >
    > when I asked paradise when my 256k service was to speed up, I was told you
    > pay for 256k and that is what you are getting.
    >
    > When I queried my mates increase I was told each company has their own
    > systems in place.
    >
    > OURS IS NOT TO PASS ON THE INCREASED SPEEDS.
    >
    > Jeeeeeez wept..

    Let's see You paid for a 256k connection which you're getting, and now
    you're whinging about not getting a 1mbit connection. Did you pay for a
    1mbit connection? Was that part of the deal when you signed up?

    Cretin.
    Bobs, Nov 27, 2006
  20. In article <eke304$tor$>, Lawrence D'Oliveiro <_zealand> wrote:
    >In message <>, whome wrote:
    >
    >> this guy is a troll.

    >What does that mean, and why did you say anything if you had nothing
    >constructive to say?

    1) you know full well what that means :)
    2) it was indeed constructive - points out to anyone silly enough to
    have taken the post seriously that replies are a waste of time
    3) and it's in the wrong group, even for a troll :)
    Bruce Sinclair, Nov 28, 2006