Overnet Display Problem

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Moke G, Dec 1, 2003.

  1. Moke G

    Moke G Guest

    Up to recently, I've been using Overnet for my file sharing with no problems
    at all. But suddenly, the other day, I opened up Usernet and discovered that
    the display had changed. It then showed the upload details only whereas
    before, it showed both my downloads AND uploads (uploads underneath the
    downloads).

    I then decided to upgrade (as requested) to the latest version (0.52),
    thinking that this might solve the problem. But. no such luck -- the display
    still only gives details of the uploads.

    At the bottom of the window, it says that there are downloads taking place
    (giving the speed only).

    I've tried their helpline and FAQ, but can't seem to find out how to return
    the download display on the main Usernet window.

    Anyone any ideas ? Thanks in advance for any help which would be
    appreciated.

    Moke G.
    Moke G, Dec 1, 2003

  2. Moke G

    Boomer Guest

    "Moke G" < .net> wrote in

    > Up to recently, I've been using Overnet for my file sharing with
    > no problems at all. But suddenly, the other day, I opened up
    > Usernet and discovered that the display had changed. It then
    > showed the upload details only whereas before, it showed both my
    > downloads AND uploads (uploads underneath the downloads).

    I've got a question for you.

    Overnet is a P2P program, right?

    What does it have to do with usenet? Or am I confusing what you are
    saying?

    --
    I need to go lie down in a darkened room.
    -anOLDun
    Boomer, Dec 1, 2003

  3. Moke G

    Moke G Guest

    Sorry -- for Usernet read Overnet !!! ( '....opened up Usernet and
    discovered.....')

    Moke G. (confused).
    Moke G, Dec 1, 2003
  4. Moke G

    Boomer Guest

    "Moke G" < .net> wrote in

    > Sorry -- for Usernet read Overnet !!! ( '....opened up Usernet and
    > discovered.....')
    >

    > Moke G. (confused).

    Maybe contact them? It might be a bug.
    http://www.edonkey2000.com/contact.html
    Boomer, Dec 1, 2003
  5. Moke G

    Moke G Guest

    Thanks boomer -- will try that and let you know.

    Moke G.

    Moke G, Dec 1, 2003
  6. Moke G

    Boomer Guest

    "Moke G" < .net> wrote in

    > Thanks boomer -- will try that and let you know.
    >

    > Moke G.

    You're welcome.

    Boomer, Dec 1, 2003
  7. Moke G

    Moke G Guest

    As promised, here is the link to the Overnet forum where I posted my request
    for assistance. The solution to the problem is given there.

    http://forum.overnet.com/viewtopic.php?t=55516

    Moke G.

    Moke G, Dec 1, 2003