    and or dirt on the fan could be slowing its speed thus preventing it
    from cooling down?. Any help on this is greatly appreciated.

    , Jul 24, 2007

  2. wrote:
    > Hi recently my computer has been recently going into a protective
    > shutdown from what it says is overheating. I am completely unsure of
    > why this is happening and i have no clue about what i should be
    > checking for or what i can do to help fix it. Is it possible that dust
    > and or dirt on the fan could be slowing its speed thus preventing it
    > from cooling down?. Any help on this is greatly appreciated.

    Open the case and turn it on. Are all the fans turning smoothly and
    quickly? Use a can of compressed air and blow out all the dust bunnies
    anywhere you can find them. Fans, vent holes, power supply, etc.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Jul 24, 2007

  3. On Mon, 23 Jul 2007 20:54:38 -0700, <> wrote:

    > Hi recently my computer has been recently going into a protective
    > shutdown from what it says is overheating. I am completely unsure of
    > why this is happening and i have no clue about what i should be
    > checking for or what i can do to help fix it. Is it possible that dust
    > and or dirt on the fan could be slowing its speed thus preventing it
    > from cooling down?. Any help on this is greatly appreciated.

    FYI: If you already don't, start backing up your stuff. My PC was doing
    the
    same... eventually, the HD gave out.
    --
    Slack -

    =?utf-8?B?4paAU2xhY2s=?=, Jul 24, 2007
  4. Plato Guest

    wrote:

    > Hi recently my computer has been recently going into a protective
    > shutdown from what it says is overheating. I am completely unsure of
    > why this is happening and i have no clue about what i should be
    > checking for or what i can do to help fix it. Is it possible that dust
    > and or dirt on the fan could be slowing its speed thus preventing it
    > from cooling down?. Any help on this is greatly appreciated.

    Get a can of "compressed air". Blow out the cpu and and cpu fansink.
    Blow out your case fans and any ducks in the case.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/

    Plato, Jul 24, 2007
  5. Plato wrote:

    > Get a can of "compressed air". Blow out the cpu and and cpu fansink.
    > Blow out your case fans and any ducks in the case.

    I hate it when ducks get into my case.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Jul 24, 2007
  6. Guest

    wrote:

    >Hi recently my computer has been recently going into a protective
    >shutdown from what it says is overheating. I am completely unsure of
    >why this is happening and i have no clue about what i should be
    >checking for or what i can do to help fix it. Is it possible that dust
    >and or dirt on the fan could be slowing its speed thus preventing it
    >from cooling down?. Any help on this is greatly appreciated.

    After a good cleaning which should be done on a regular basis; you can
    run Everest - if you have monitors on your MB it will show the temps
    of your board and drives.

    http://www.pizdaus.com/pics/rqb1YarcBuAx.jpg

    , Jul 24, 2007
  7. meerkat Guest

    "Rôgêr" <> wrote in message
    > Plato wrote:
    >
    >> Get a can of "compressed air". Blow out the cpu and and cpu fansink.
    >> Blow out your case fans and any ducks in the case.

    > I hate it when ducks get into my case.

    Mine was full of feathers just the other day <g>.

    meerkat, Jul 24, 2007
  8. Plato Guest

    Rôgêr wrote:

    > Plato wrote:
    >
    > > Get a can of "compressed air". Blow out the cpu and and cpu fansink.
    > > Blow out your case fans and any ducks in the case.

    > I hate it when ducks get into my case.

    Expecially when the ducks lay eggs. Makes a mess in your yard...

    Plato, Jul 24, 2007
  9. Plato Guest

    meerkat wrote:

    > >> Get a can of "compressed air". Blow out the cpu and and cpu fansink.
    > >> Blow out your case fans and any ducks in the case.

    > > I hate it when ducks get into my case.
    > >

    > Mine was full of feathers just the other day <g>.

    Grin, one of my PCs is on the floor next to my mattress, and I use
    quality feather pillows because they are really comfortable. That PC
    also had feathers on the intake vents, preventing it from proper cooling
    :)

    Plato, Jul 24, 2007