    Is the camera knackered or is there a setting somewhere that I have
    messed up? The indoor photos' and flash photos' are absolutely fine.

    TIA - Ian

    Me Indoors, Mar 18, 2009

  2. Me Indoors

    ransley Guest

    On Mar 18, 8:26 am, Me Indoors <> wrote:
    > Hi, I have an elderly Fuji F610.
    >
    > If I take a flash photo or any photo' indoors it is fine but if I try to
    > use it in sunlight the picture is 'flooded' and horribly overexposed.
    > This happens on manual or auto. There are no 'error messages'. Both the
    > lcd and the actual photo' are flooded.
    >
    > I have tried a full factory reset with no luck.
    >
    > Is the camera knackered or is there a setting somewhere that I have
    > messed up? The indoor photos' and flash photos' are absolutely fine.
    >
    > TIA - Ian

    Was it ok before. Adjust EV exposure compensation, if that doesnt work
    and settings are normal it could be the camera. They sell for $9.95
    now

    ransley, Mar 18, 2009

  3. Me Indoors

    Me Indoors Guest

    ransley wrote:
    > On Mar 18, 8:26 am, Me Indoors <> wrote:
    >> Hi, I have an elderly Fuji F610.
    >>
    >> If I take a flash photo or any photo' indoors it is fine but if I try to
    >> use it in sunlight the picture is 'flooded' and horribly overexposed.
    >> This happens on manual or auto. There are no 'error messages'. Both the
    >> lcd and the actual photo' are flooded.
    >>
    >> I have tried a full factory reset with no luck.
    >>
    >> Is the camera knackered or is there a setting somewhere that I have
    >> messed up? The indoor photos' and flash photos' are absolutely fine.
    >>
    >> TIA - Ian

    > Was it ok before. Adjust EV exposure compensation, if that doesnt work
    > and settings are normal it could be the camera. They sell for $9.95
    > now

    Thanks. I'll put it in the bin. It was only a spare camera I kept in the
    car.

    Me Indoors, Mar 18, 2009
  4. Me Indoors

    ransley Guest

    On Mar 18, 11:10 am, Me Indoors <> wrote:
    > ransley wrote:
    > > On Mar 18, 8:26 am, Me Indoors <> wrote:
    > >> Hi, I have an elderly Fuji F610.

    > >> If I take a flash photo or any photo' indoors it is fine but if I try to
    > >> use it in sunlight the picture is 'flooded' and horribly overexposed.
    > >> This happens on manual or auto. There are no 'error messages'. Both the
    > >> lcd and the actual photo' are flooded.

    > >> I have tried a full factory reset with no luck.

    > >> Is the camera knackered or is there a setting somewhere that I have
    > >> messed up? The indoor photos' and flash photos' are absolutely fine.

    > >> TIA - Ian

    > > Was it ok before. Adjust EV exposure compensation, if that doesnt work
    > > and settings are normal it could be the camera. They sell for $9.95
    > > now

    > Thanks. I'll put it in the bin. It was only a spare camera I kept in the
    > car.- Hide quoted text -

    I would not throw it away, set EV full negative, see if its set to iso
    100 when outside shooting, and check what settings its shooting at,
    iso, Speed and Aperature. It might be something overlooked or that can
    be compensated for

    ransley, Mar 19, 2009