    overburn by let's say only 20 Mb then it's not worth the risk but if I can
    overburn by 100 to 200 Mb then it might be worth a damaged disk. The media I
    plan to use is legacy 4x DVDr.

    asdf, Jul 14, 2004

  2. asdf

    Dan G Guest

    More like a few MB tops. It's entirely dependant on the drive and specific
    media in question. Unlike CDR, the drive cannot "squeeze" more data on by
    creating a tighter track, it can only write past the outer border till it
    runs out of dye.

    "asdf" <> wrote in message
    > by how much is it possible to overburn DVDr disk. There is a setting in

    Nero

    Dan G, Jul 14, 2004

  3. asdf

    Mike Richter Guest

    Dan G wrote:

    > More like a few MB tops. It's entirely dependant on the drive and specific
    > media in question. Unlike CDR, the drive cannot "squeeze" more data on by
    > creating a tighter track, it can only write past the outer border till it
    > runs out of dye.

    The drive cannot alter the tightness of the track; that's molded into
    the disc. Whether the disc offers more than the minimum, whether the
    writer can write it, whether the reader can read it - all are open
    questions at this stage. Note that it may well also depend on the sort
    of write: UDF or ISO DVD-ROM, DVD-Video, DVD-Audio.

    Mike
    --

    http://www.mrichter.com/

    Mike Richter, Jul 14, 2004
  4. asdf

    Dan G Guest

    I've been able to get a few MB on occasion with CDSpeed data disc test and
    overburning test, no more.

    Dan G, Jul 14, 2004
  5. asdf

    smh Guest

    Mike Richter, were you born with
    "Scam Artist" emblazoned on your face?
    --------------------------------------

    http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=
    (Messages 10, 12 -- 34, 54 -- 69)

    ( No pipsqueaks have been able to prove ANY of the above is a libel )
    ( -- despite Mikey claimed to have proof of misquotes !! )
    '

    asdf wrote:

    > by how much is it possible to overburn DVDr disk. There is a setting in Nero
    > 6 allowing me to enter number--the default burn size is 4500. If I can
    > overburn by let's say only 20 Mb then it's not worth the risk but if I can
    > overburn by 100 to 200 Mb then it might be worth a damaged disk. The media I
    > plan to use is legacy 4x DVDr.

    The latest CD-DVD Speed, v3+, has DVD overburning test:
    http://www.cdspeed2000.com
    (Run it as a stand alone)

    smh, Jul 14, 2004
  6. asdf

    smh Guest

    > --------------------------------------
    > Mike Richter, were you born with
    > "Scam Artist" emblazoned on your face?
    > --------------------------------------
    > (Mike Richter, any Material Connection w/ Roxio?)
    >
    > http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=
    > (Messages 10, 12 -- 34, 54 -- 69)
    >
    > ( No pipsqueaks have been able to prove ANY of the above is a libel )
    > ( -- despite Mikey claimed to have proof of misquotes !! )
    >

    > asdf wrote:
    > >
    > > by how much is it possible to overburn DVDr disk. There is a setting in Nero
    > > 6 allowing me to enter number--the default burn size is 4500. If I can
    > > overburn by let's say only 20 Mb then it's not worth the risk but if I can
    > > overburn by 100 to 200 Mb then it might be worth a damaged disk. The media I
    > > plan to use is legacy 4x DVDr.

    > The latest CD-DVD Speed, v3+, has DVD overburning test:
    > http://www.cdspeed2000.com
    > (Run it as a stand alone)

    http://www.cdrinfo.com/Sections/Articles/Specific.asp?ArticleHeadline
    =Plextor+PX-712A+updated&index=9

    smh, Jul 14, 2004
  7. asdf

    smh Guest

    Mike Richter, were you born with
    "Scam Artist" emblazoned on your face?
    --------------------------------------

    http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=
    (Messages 10, 12 -- 34, 54 -- 69)

    ( No pipsqueaks have been able to prove ANY of the above is a libel )
    ( -- despite Mikey claimed to have proof of misquotes !! )
    '

    Mike Richter (Friggin' Shit) splattered:

    > > More like a few MB tops. It's entirely dependant on the drive and specific
    > > media in question. Unlike CDR, the drive cannot "squeeze" more data on by
    > > creating a tighter track, it can only write past the outer border till it
    > > runs out of dye.

    > The drive cannot alter the tightness of the track; that's molded into
    > the disc. Whether the disc offers more than the minimum, whether the
    > writer can write it, whether the reader can read it - all are open
    > questions at this stage.
    >
    > Note that it may well also depend on the sort
    > of write: UDF or ISO DVD-ROM, DVD-Video, DVD-Audio.

    Whole lot of SPECULATING going on, Mikey ???!!!

    I do not comment on what I don't know.
    I only write about what I know

    ---------------------
    What a Friggin' Shit!
    ---------------------

    Also, was Adrian Miller wrong about you, Mikey?

    =======================
    From: Adrian Miller
    (was: Wife Beating Stopped, Mike Richter?)
    Date: 4/25/01

    Unlike certain people he does not like to SPECULATE
    on matters that he does not have personal experience of.

    Didn't Adrian Miller have reliable information then, Mikey?

    From: Mike Richter (Slimy Scum)
    Date: 8/2/01

    [Adrian Miller] does provide reliable information
    when he has it in my experience.

    smh, Jul 14, 2004