    D3 is very water resistant.

    <http://www.geocities.com/ritaberk2008/waterfall.htm>

    Rita

    Rita Berkowitz, Mar 10, 2008

  2. Rita Berkowitz

    Matt Ion Guest

    Rita Berkowitz wrote:
    > Never get too close to the edge of the waterfall or else! I'm so glad
    > the D3 is very water resistant.
    >
    > <http://www.geocities.com/ritaberk2008/waterfall.htm>

    Wow, that was... uh...

    Lame.

    Oversharpened, too much DOF, horrible framing, lousy timing. A
    10-year-old with a $99 P&S could have done better.

    Matt Ion, Mar 10, 2008

  3. Rita Berkowitz

    crownfield Guest

    In article <fr22vq$102$>,
    says...
    -Rita Berkowitz wrote:
    -> Never get too close to the edge of the waterfall or else! I'm so glad
    -> the D3 is very water resistant.
    ->
    -> <http://www.geocities.com/ritaberk2008/waterfall.htm>
    -
    -Wow, that was... uh...
    -
    -Lame.
    -
    -Oversharpened, too much DOF, horrible framing, lousy timing. A
    -10-year-old with a $99 P&S could have done better.

    you must be a psychic. :)

    -

    --
    Bob Crownfield

    crownfield, Mar 10, 2008
  4. Rita Berkowitz

    XxYyZz Guest

    "crownfield" <> wrote in message
    > In article <fr22vq$102$>,
    > says...
    > -Rita Berkowitz wrote:
    > -> Never get too close to the edge of the waterfall or else! I'm so glad
    > -> the D3 is very water resistant.
    > ->
    > -> <http://www.geocities.com/ritaberk2008/waterfall.htm>
    > -
    > -Wow, that was... uh...
    > -
    > -Lame.
    > -
    > -Oversharpened, too much DOF, horrible framing, lousy timing. A
    > -10-year-old with a $99 P&S could have done better.
    >
    > you must be a psychic. :)
    >
    > -
    >
    > --
    > Bob Crownfield

    LOL

    XxYyZz, Mar 10, 2008
  5. Rita Berkowitz

    Matt Ion Guest

    crownfield wrote:
    > In article <fr22vq$102$>,
    > says...
    > -Rita Berkowitz wrote:
    > -> Never get too close to the edge of the waterfall or else! I'm so glad
    > -> the D3 is very water resistant.
    > ->
    > -> <http://www.geocities.com/ritaberk2008/waterfall.htm>
    > -
    > -Wow, that was... uh...
    > -
    > -Lame.
    > -
    > -Oversharpened, too much DOF, horrible framing, lousy timing. A
    > -10-year-old with a $99 P&S could have done better.
    >
    > you must be a psychic. :)

    Just a lucky guess, really. I'd confirm with the EXIF info, but it's
    been conveniently removed. What a shock.

    I love how all her pictures are "best viewed full size to be awed by the
    D3's magical properties," yet full size is almost invariably less than
    one megapixel (1024x768 in this case). That's pretty magical, alright.

    Matt Ion, Mar 10, 2008
  6. Rita Berkowitz

    Annika1980 Guest

    On Mar 9, 9:29 pm, Matt Ion <> wrote:

    > > <http://www.geocities.com/ritaberk2008/waterfall.htm>

    > Wow, that was... uh...
    >
    > Lame.
    >
    > Oversharpened, too much DOF, horrible framing, lousy timing.  A
    > 10-year-old with a $99 P&S could have done better.

    That's Baltimore Bokeh, dude.

    Annika1980, Mar 10, 2008
  7. Rita Berkowitz

    Scott W Guest

    On Mar 9, 2:44 pm, "Rita Berkowitz" <> wrote:
    > Never get too close to the edge of the waterfall or else!  I'm so glad the
    > D3 is very water resistant.
    >
    > <http://www.geocities.com/ritaberk2008/waterfall.htm>
    >
    > Rita

    Very cute photo.

    Scott

    Scott W, Mar 10, 2008
  8. Rita Berkowitz

    Noons Guest

    On Mar 10, 11:44 am, "Rita Berkowitz" <> wrote:

    > I'm so glad the
    > D3 is very water resistant.

    is that what the duck is standing on?

    <g, d&r>
    literally

    Noons, Mar 10, 2008
  9. Rita Berkowitz

    Jon Pope Guest

    WHAT A FUCKING UGLY PICTURE THAT THE WHORE TOOK

    Jon Pope, Mar 10, 2008
  10. Rita Berkowitz

    Celcius Guest

    > Never get too close to the edge of the waterfall or else! I'm so glad the
    > D3 is very water resistant.
    >
    > <http://www.geocities.com/ritaberk2008/waterfall.htm>

    Rita,

    I went to the url, looked and read: "Careless duck falls over the edge and
    tries to hold on for dear life Taken with the world famous Nikon D3 and
    500/4 Nikkor. Damn! That 500/4 Nikkor is one sweet lens! Best viewed full
    size to be awed by the D3's magical properties".

    Darn it Rita, you prove eactly what I'm always thinking: No use throwing
    money at hardware if you don't get the results. Here you are, spending over
    $10,000 in equipment to get that result? Surely you jest ;-))))) Telle us,
    please, it's a P&S, right?????

    You make me think of those I knew, who used to buy a turntable worth $6000
    and over to gain a very suspect purer sound....

    It takes all kinds, I guess.

    Take care,

    Marcel

    Celcius, Mar 10, 2008
  11. Rita Berkowitz

    James Hanson Guest

    Celcius wrote:
    > "Rita Berkowitz" <> wrote in message
    >> Never get too close to the edge of the waterfall or else! I'm so glad the
    >> D3 is very water resistant.
    >>
    >> <http://www.geocities.com/ritaberk2008/waterfall.htm>
    >>

    > Rita,
    >
    > I went to the url, looked and read: "Careless duck falls over the edge and
    > tries to hold on for dear life Taken with the world famous Nikon D3 and
    > 500/4 Nikkor. Damn! That 500/4 Nikkor is one sweet lens! Best viewed full
    > size to be awed by the D3's magical properties".
    >
    > Darn it Rita, you prove eactly what I'm always thinking: No use throwing
    > money at hardware if you don't get the results. Here you are, spending over
    > $10,000 in equipment to get that result? Surely you jest ;-))))) Telle us,
    > please, it's a P&S, right?????
    >
    > You make me think of those I knew, who used to buy a turntable worth $6000
    > and over to gain a very suspect purer sound....
    >
    > It takes all kinds, I guess.
    >
    > Take care,
    >
    > Marcel

    What is it a picture of I have clicked that link 3 times in the last
    hour and got Sorry, this GeoCities site is currently unavailable.

    James Hanson, Mar 10, 2008
  12. Celcius wrote:

    >> Never get too close to the edge of the waterfall or else! I'm so
    >> glad the D3 is very water resistant.
    >>
    >> <http://www.geocities.com/ritaberk2008/waterfall.htm>

    > I went to the url, looked and read: "Careless duck falls over the
    > edge and tries to hold on for dear life Taken with the world famous
    > Nikon D3 and 500/4 Nikkor. Damn! That 500/4 Nikkor is one sweet lens!
    > Best viewed full size to be awed by the D3's magical properties".
    >
    > Darn it Rita, you prove eactly what I'm always thinking: No use
    > throwing money at hardware if you don't get the results. Here you
    > are, spending over $10,000 in equipment to get that result? Surely
    > you jest ;-))))) Telle us, please, it's a P&S, right?????

    Now you hurt my feelings! I'm going to have to trade the old D3 in on a 1Ds
    Mk III.

    > You make me think of those I knew, who used to buy a turntable worth
    > $6000 and over to gain a very suspect purer sound....

    At least it sounds good, even at 9fps. This was my fault. I would have had
    the money shot if I set the old D3 to fire at 11fps.

    > It takes all kinds, I guess.

    It is all about the journey, you gots to know how to have fun.

    Rita

    Rita Berkowitz, Mar 10, 2008
  13. Celcius wrote:

    >>> It takes all kinds, I guess.

    >> It is all about the journey, you gots to know how to have fun.

    > I have to admit, you're a special character ;-))) I suppose if I had
    > the money....

    Hey, why not? You can't take it with you. I'm in my 40s and I got a bit of
    a surplus to burn off in the next 30-years or so. Maybe they need to raise
    the prices of dSLRs?

    Rita

    Rita Berkowitz, Mar 10, 2008
  14. Rita Berkowitz

    Focus Guest

    > Never get too close to the edge of the waterfall or else! I'm so glad the
    > D3 is very water resistant.
    >
    > <http://www.geocities.com/ritaberk2008/waterfall.htm>

    Excellent timing and a great picture...
    Don't mind the jealous trolls.

    Nikon rules!

    --
    Focus

    Focus, Mar 10, 2008
  15. Rita Berkowitz

    George Kerby Guest

    On 3/9/08 8:29 PM, in article fr22vq$102$, "Matt
    Ion" <> wrote:

    > Rita Berkowitz wrote:
    >> Never get too close to the edge of the waterfall or else! I'm so glad
    >> the D3 is very water resistant.
    >>
    >> <http://www.geocities.com/ritaberk2008/waterfall.htm>

    > Wow, that was... uh...
    >
    > Lame.
    >
    > Oversharpened, too much DOF, horrible framing, lousy timing. A
    > 10-year-old with a $99 P&S could have done better.

    I don't even bother anymore.

    George Kerby, Mar 10, 2008
  16. Rita Berkowitz

    RichA Guest

    Waterfalls? Game, set, match

    On Mar 9, 8:44 pm, "Rita Berkowitz" <> wrote:
    > Never get too close to the edge of the waterfall or else! I'm so glad the
    > D3 is very water resistant.
    >
    > <http://www.geocities.com/ritaberk2008/waterfall.htm>
    >
    > Rita

    Check out this photoshoot. The E-3 is the weatherproof camera.

    http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1022&message=27107063

    RichA, Mar 10, 2008
  17. Rita Berkowitz

    Celcius Guest

    "Focus" <> wrote in message

    > "Rita Berkowitz" <> wrote in message
    >> Never get too close to the edge of the waterfall or else! I'm so glad
    >> the D3 is very water resistant.
    >>
    >> <http://www.geocities.com/ritaberk2008/waterfall.htm>
    >>

    > Excellent timing and a great picture...
    > Don't mind the jealous trolls.
    >
    > Nikon rules!
    >

    > --

    Focus,
    Please "focus" on what I said.
    I'm not jealous, nor a troll, but I find extravagant to have this type of
    gear to take this resulting photo.
    I bet my bottom $ that she/he would have done as well with a simple outfit,
    say a Canon D20 or Nikon D 70 (note, older models), both with a good lens,
    not necessarily a higly pro one. That was in essence what I said.
    Why all this ballyhoo over such a photo?
    Marcel

    Celcius, Mar 10, 2008
  18. Rita Berkowitz

    Focus Guest

    "Celcius" <> wrote in message

    > "Focus" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Rita Berkowitz" <> wrote in message
    >>> Never get too close to the edge of the waterfall or else! I'm so glad
    >>> the D3 is very water resistant.
    >>>
    >>> <http://www.geocities.com/ritaberk2008/waterfall.htm>
    >>>

    >> Excellent timing and a great picture...
    >> Don't mind the jealous trolls.
    >>
    >> Nikon rules!
    >>

    >> --

    > Focus,
    > Please "focus" on what I said.
    > I'm not jealous, nor a troll, but I find extravagant to have this type of
    > gear to take this resulting photo.
    > I bet my bottom $ that she/he would have done as well with a simple
    > outfit, say a Canon D20 or Nikon D 70 (note, older models), both with a
    > good lens, not necessarily a higly pro one. That was in essence what I
    > said.
    > Why all this ballyhoo over such a photo?

    You mean except for catching exactly the right moment, perfect colors,
    perfect focus and supersharp image?
    Absolutely nothing ;-)

    --
    Focus

    Focus, Mar 10, 2008
  19. "Rita Berkowitz" <> wrote in message
    > Never get too close to the edge of the waterfall or else! I'm so glad the
    > D3 is very water resistant.
    >
    > <http://www.geocities.com/ritaberk2008/waterfall.htm>

    Nice shot. Too bad there isn't a little more frantic wing flapping shown --
    was this a single shot, or the best of a rapid fire series?

    Ducks do funny things, but seem to have no sense of humor themselves. On the
    other hand I guess I don't know how a duck would express a sense of humor if
    he had one.

    Neil

    Neil Harrington, Mar 10, 2008
  20. Rita Berkowitz

    Celcius Guest

    "Focus" <> wrote in message

    > "Celcius" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Focus" <> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> "Rita Berkowitz" <> wrote in message

    >>> Excellent timing and a great picture...
    >>> Don't mind the jealous trolls.
    >>>
    >>> Nikon rules!
    >>>

    >>> --

    >> Focus,
    >> Please "focus" on what I said.
    >> I'm not jealous, nor a troll, but I find extravagant to have this type of
    >> gear to take this resulting photo.
    >> I bet my bottom $ that she/he would have done as well with a simple
    >> outfit, say a Canon D20 or Nikon D 70 (note, older models), both with a
    >> good lens, not necessarily a higly pro one. That was in essence what I
    >> said.
    >> Why all this ballyhoo over such a photo?

    > You mean except for catching exactly the right moment, perfect colors,
    > perfect focus and supersharp image?
    > Absolutely nothing ;-)
    >

    > --

    Of course not, Focus.
    He was making a big thing about the camera and the super lens. Please read
    his comment...
    As for catching the right moment, no doubt, but I doubt it's simply the
    hardware and THAT was my point.
    Then, let's face it, those shots are also a matter of luck. Look at it this
    way, you have to set your camera for rapid firing, the right WB, the right
    opening, etc. and most of all, you don't know what the bird will do ;-)
    Marcel

    Celcius, Mar 10, 2008