    i run AVG and zonealarm on my house pc...
    now i've got a laptop with norton built in..
    is there any point in running these two on top ?

    max, Jul 8, 2004

  2. max

    Brian Guest

    "max" <> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    news:ccjf91$eo8$...
    > i run AVG and zonealarm on my house pc...
    > now i've got a laptop with norton built in..
    > is there any point in running these two on top ?

    are you talking about both pc's being on a LAN and connecting to the i-net
    through ICS?
    if so.. you will have to set up your firewall on the "host pc" to allow your
    other pc/notebook to access the i-net.. i.e giving the "client" permission
    to acces the net. BTW it is always better to have a virus scanner on all
    pc's (preferably the same) even if both are (auto) protected through the
    host pc..

    Brian, Jul 8, 2004

  3. max

    °Mike° Guest

    AVG, though not as bloated, can not hold a
    candle to Norton AV for efficacy, though it is
    far less troublesome in other respects. I
    assume that you mean NIS re. ZoneAlarm?
    There is no need to use two personal firewalls.

    On Thu, 8 Jul 2004 12:38:58 +0000 (UTC), in
    <ccjf91$eo8$>
    max scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Jul 8, 2004
  4. max

    Plato Guest

    max wrote:

    > i run AVG and zonealarm on my house pc...
    > now i've got a laptop with norton built in..
    > is there any point in running these two on top ?

    You only want one anti-virus and one firewall running 24/7 if you are
    into that.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/

    Plato, Jul 8, 2004