    may that cause the problem?

    Best regards,
    Jukka
    =?Utf-8?B?SlRURklO?=, Jul 23, 2007

  2. =?Utf-8?B?SlRURklO?=

    jabloomf1230 Guest

    You didn't say what speed of RAM that you are using. The DP965LT will
    only support the full 8 GB with DDR2 533 or DDR2 667. If you use DDR2
    800, the board will support only 4 GB max. I assume that you are using 4
    identical DIMMs of 2 GB each.

    What Win XP x64 video driver version are you using? nVidia is up in
    16x.xx range for the beta drivers. I only run Win XP x64 in double boot
    with Vista and don't use it that much any more, but some the the early
    video drivers would cause problems with > 2 GB RAM on the motherboard.

    As to the PCI memory "hole" issue, are you using the most recent BIOS
    (and chipset drivers)? If the PCI hole hardware remapping option doesn't
    show up in the BIOS setup, then there is no way to compensate for this.
    If the motherboard works fine at 4B of RAM, I don't see how this can be
    your problem. But you never know with large amounts of RAM

    jabloomf1230, Jul 24, 2007

  3. Re: Over 4GB Memory on Intel D965PLT motherboard and poor performa

    Hi
    Ram is Kingston
    KVR667D2N5/2G 2GB 667MHz DDR2 Non-ECC CL5 DIMM *4 = 8GB
    KVR667D2N5/2G 2GB 667MHz DDR2 Non-ECC CL5 DIMM *2
    KVR667D2N5/1G 1GB 667MHz DDR2 Non-ECC CL5 DIMM *2 = 6GB
    DIMM's have been cross chekced as all 2GB memories work fine
    as 4 GB
    Bios and all other drivers have loaded directly from Intel Web site

    Nvidia Drivers are ForceWare Release 90 Version: 91.85
    Release Date: April 13, 2007WHQL Certified

    It is seems that there is quite few case's that
    Pentium or Core2Duo have been used with that large amount RAM.
    Most of these computers are Xeon based I suppose.
    This is first one for us also to use so much ram on Pentium based computer.

    / Jukka

    =?Utf-8?B?SlRURklO?=, Jul 24, 2007
  4. Re: Over 4GB Memory on Intel D965PLT motherboard and poor performa

    I've been using 8Gb RAM (Corsair DDR2/800 (6400) CL5) on my mobo (Gigabyte
    GA-965P-DQ6 Rev 1.0) for around a month now. The only problem that I have
    seen is that very occasionally it reboots when it gets to the point of
    voltage to the RAM, but it still happens so I've reset it to stock voltage
    (1.8v).

    Other than that everything runs normally (and fast).

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2Fyb2wgU3RlZWxl?=, Jul 24, 2007