Outsourcing gone mad!

Discussion in 'MCSE' started by Slarty Bartfast, Jun 15, 2004.

  1. With Catholic clergy in short supply in the US, Indian priests are picking
    up some of their work, saying Mass for special intentions, in a sacred if
    unusual version of outsourcing. American, as well as Canadian and European,
    churches, are sending Mass intentions, and requests for services like those
    to remember deceased relatives and thanksgiving prayers, to clergy in India.

    The requests are mostly routed to Kerala's churches through the Vatican, the
    bishops or through religious bodies. Rarely, prayer requests come directly
    to individual priests.

    While most requests are made via mail or through travelling clergymen, a
    significant number arrive via email, a sign that technology is expediting
    this practice.
    In Kerala's churches, memorial and thanksgiving prayers conducted for local
    residents are said for a donation of 40 rupees ($1.30), whereas a prayer
    request from the US typically comes with $US5 ($7.25), the Indian priests
    say.

    --

    Regards,

    Slarty Bartfast

    Slarty Bartfast, Jun 15, 2004

  2. >While most requests are made via mail or through travelling clergymen, a
    >significant number arrive via email, a sign that technology is expediting
    >this practice.

    why is this not done over a vpn?

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Jun 15, 2004

  3. Slarty Bartfast

    Guest Guest

    ther too cheap

    Guest, Jun 15, 2004
  4. Slarty Bartfast

    Kat Guest

    Actually, a mass offered is about 15 Canadian, 10 American... compared to
    say the $1 or whatever they get there, it's actually very good for them.

    Also, masses are only "outsourced" if the priests here are backed up, or
    someone offers cash for more masses than the parish can handle. If someone
    dies for example and relatives pay for 500 masses (very common).

    As a catholic, I'm knowledgable about thse things. now excuse me, i have to
    go put my uniform on.

    Kat

    Kat, Jun 15, 2004
  5. Slarty Bartfast

    Jtyc Guest

    > As a catholic, I'm knowledgable about thse things. now excuse me, i have
    > go put my uniform on.

    You are a very cruel person you know that?

    Jtyc, Jun 15, 2004
  6. Slarty Bartfast

    Ken Briscoe Guest

    "Kat" <> wrote in message
    > As a catholic, I'm knowledgable about thse things. now excuse me, i have

    > go put my uniform on.

    Is that before or after you admit that you're a horrible person and you
    should be condemned to an eternity in Hell, because you had a cheeseburger
    on a Friday?

    --

    KB - MCNGP "silent thug" #26

    Ken Briscoe, Jun 15, 2004
  7. Slarty Bartfast

    Neil Guest

    "Kat" <> wrote in news:#0gwt1uUEHA.2988
    @TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl:

    > now excuse me, i have to
    > go put my uniform on.

    short plaid skirt and knee highs....mmmmm....I NEED PICTURES DAMN IT!!!

    (no I'm not pointin....oh my, this is embarrasing.)

    --
    Neil MCNGP #30

    Neil, Jun 15, 2004