    For ordinary POTS phones you can get an outside bell - so that if you
    are in the garden you know when the phone is ringing.

    Is any similar device available for VOIP phones?
    Nemo, Apr 16, 2009

  2. In article <>,
    Nemo <> wrote:
    >For ordinary POTS phones you can get an outside bell - so that if you
    >are in the garden you know when the phone is ringing.
    >
    >Is any similar device available for VOIP phones?

    Carry a DECT handset?

    Or a cheap ATA with a normal external bell/ringer connected (have
    installed a couple of these) - but then you'll need to make sure both
    the ATA and your normal phone will ring on the same account.

    I've one reseller who has wall-mounted a few grandstream BT200's as
    remote "bells" (they double as the PA system too) ... They're not good
    outside though!

    Gordon
    Gordon Henderson, Apr 16, 2009