    or
    type hardcopy.prn > prn

    How do I do the equivalent with a USB printer?

    A. J. Moss, Apr 12, 2004

  2. A. J. Moss wrote:

    > I asked about this a few days ago, but only got a partial response; now I can't
    > find the original thread.
    >
    > Basically, in Windows 98 I've got a legacy DOS application that can only print
    > to LPT1 or FILE, and a USB printer. If I had a parallel port printer, I could
    > simply type
    >
    > copy /b hardcopy.prn prn
    > or
    > type hardcopy.prn > prn
    >
    > How do I do the equivalent with a USB printer?

    In the settings for the USB printer, there should be a capture port
    option. That should map the printer to a LPTx which you can use.

    =?UTF-8?B?UGFsaW5kcuKYu21l?=, Apr 12, 2004

  3. A. J. Moss wrote:

    > I asked about this a few days ago, but only got a partial response; now I
    > can't find the original thread.
    >
    > Basically, in Windows 98 I've got a legacy DOS application that can only
    > print to LPT1 or FILE, and a USB printer. If I had a parallel port
    > printer, I could simply type
    >
    > copy /b hardcopy.prn prn
    > or
    > type hardcopy.prn > prn
    >
    > How do I do the equivalent with a USB printer?

    Prowl around the second-hand shops in your area for an old dot-matrix
    printer and hang it onto the parallel port of your machine.
    --
    Gary G. Taylor * Rialto, CA

    Gary G. Taylor, Apr 12, 2004
  4. A. J. Moss

    Toolman Tim Guest

    "Gary G. Taylor" <> wrote in message
    > A. J. Moss wrote:
    >
    > > I asked about this a few days ago, but only got a partial response; now

    > > can't find the original thread.
    > >
    > > Basically, in Windows 98 I've got a legacy DOS application that can only
    > > print to LPT1 or FILE, and a USB printer. If I had a parallel port
    > > printer, I could simply type
    > >
    > > copy /b hardcopy.prn prn
    > > or
    > > type hardcopy.prn > prn
    > >
    > > How do I do the equivalent with a USB printer?

    > Prowl around the second-hand shops in your area for an old dot-matrix
    > printer and hang it onto the parallel port of your machine.
    > --

    Drop by my place .... I can load you up with a bunch of 'em! :)

    Toolman Tim, Apr 13, 2004
  5. A. J. Moss

    Millimeter Guest

    On 12 Apr 2004 13:13:12 GMT, lid (A. J. Moss)
    wrote:

    >I asked about this a few days ago, but only got a partial response; now I can't
    >find the original thread.
    >
    >Basically, in Windows 98 I've got a legacy DOS application that can only print
    >to LPT1 or FILE, and a USB printer. If I had a parallel port printer, I could
    >simply type
    >
    >copy /b hardcopy.prn prn
    >or
    >type hardcopy.prn > prn
    >
    >How do I do the equivalent with a USB printer?

    How about changing >prn to be >lpt1
    Millimeter.

    Millimeter, Apr 13, 2004
  6. A. J. Moss

    notmenoway Guest

    "Toolman Tim" <> wrote in message

    > "Gary G. Taylor" <> wrote in message
    > > A. J. Moss wrote:
    > >
    > > > I asked about this a few days ago, but only got a partial response;

    now
    > > > can't find the original thread.
    > > >
    > > > Basically, in Windows 98 I've got a legacy DOS application that can

    only
    > > > print to LPT1 or FILE, and a USB printer. If I had a parallel port
    > > > printer, I could simply type
    > > >
    > > > copy /b hardcopy.prn prn
    > > > or
    > > > type hardcopy.prn > prn
    > > >
    > > > How do I do the equivalent with a USB printer?

    > > Prowl around the second-hand shops in your area for an old dot-matrix
    > > printer and hang it onto the parallel port of your machine.
    > > --

    > Drop by my place .... I can load you up with a bunch of 'em! :)
    >
    > Jeez, me too. What are the e-waste laws in your state? :)-:

    ---
    What does your virus scanner say?

    notmenoway, Apr 13, 2004
  7. notmenoway wrote:

    > "Toolman Tim" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>"Gary G. Taylor" <> wrote in message

    > now

    > only

    >>>Prowl around the second-hand shops in your area for an old dot-matrix
    >>>printer and hang it onto the parallel port of your machine.
    >>>--

    >>Drop by my place .... I can load you up with a bunch of 'em! :)
    >>
    >>Jeez, me too. What are the e-waste laws in your state? :)-:

    I turn them into x-y-z computer controlled milling tables. Just for
    light stuff like jewelry and things like Stiriling engine heat
    dissipators, custom processor heatsinks et al.

    Can't get enough of them, particularly A3 size. It takes 6 printers
    to make one table.

    =?UTF-8?B?UGFsaW5kcuKYu21l?=, Apr 13, 2004
  8. A. J. Moss

    Brian Guest

    Palindr?me <> wrote in message news:<c5gt9h$1foin$-berlin.de>...
    > notmenoway wrote:
    >
    > > "Toolman Tim" <> wrote in message
    > >
    > >>"Gary G. Taylor" <> wrote in message

    > > now

    > > only

    > >>Drop by my place .... I can load you up with a bunch of 'em! :)
    > >>
    > >>Jeez, me too. What are the e-waste laws in your state? :)-:

    > I turn them into x-y-z computer controlled milling tables. Just for
    > light stuff like jewelry and things like Stiriling engine heat
    > dissipators, custom processor heatsinks et al.
    >
    > Can't get enough of them, particularly A3 size. It takes 6 printers
    > to make one table.

    Interesting! I'd like to hear more about this as it is something I've
    been wanting to do. Could you email me with some info as to what
    software you use and how you put it together? Thanks!

    Brian, Apr 13, 2004