    Oh and can this be done???

    Cheers,

    cOKe

    cOKe, Oct 12, 2003

  2. cOKe

    E. Scrooge Guest

    "cOKe" <> wrote in message
    news:bmadpb$1q8$...
    > What card would you recommend for this? I don't need a really high spec
    > card, won't be playing too many games!
    > Just want one that can give a signal to a CRT Monitor and at the same time
    > to a Television via a S-Video cable...
    >
    > Oh and can this be done???
    >
    > Cheers,
    >
    > cOKe

    Not a problem. A now cheap Ti4200 card is a good option and offers damn
    good graphic power. It depends on the specs of your PC as well.
    S-video is the best way to go. By changing the settings, you can have a
    video playing in a small window (or full screen) on the monitor while
    playing on the TV in full screen mode. That's the biggest advantage of
    having TV output.

    E. Scrooge

    E. Scrooge, Oct 12, 2003

  3. cOKe

    RecylerMan Guest

    cOKe wrote:

    > What card would you recommend for this? I don't need a really high spec
    > card, won't be playing too many games!
    > Just want one that can give a signal to a CRT Monitor and at the same time
    > to a Television via a S-Video cable...
    >
    > Oh and can this be done???
    >
    > Cheers,
    >

    > cOKe

    a very cheep sis6326 can do this

    --
    RecylerMan ICQ 22245595
    Mail to :- l i n u x u s r AT i h u g DOT c o DOT n z

    RecylerMan, Oct 12, 2003
  4. cOKe

    Big Guest

    On Mon, 13 Oct 2003 07:27:42 +1300, RecylerMan <0.nz>
    wrote:

    >cOKe wrote:
    >
    >> What card would you recommend for this? I don't need a really high spec
    >> card, won't be playing too many games!
    >> Just want one that can give a signal to a CRT Monitor and at the same time
    >> to a Television via a S-Video cable...
    >>
    >> Oh and can this be done???
    >>
    >> Cheers,
    >>

    >> cOKe
    >>

    >a very cheep sis6326 can do this

    And Not supported with TVtool..

    Don't forget the Screen modes must be similar to the TV Mode, ala 60hz frame
    etc, and 800 x 600..

    TVtool lets you use other modes..

    Big , Oct 12, 2003
  5. cOKe

    Paul Gunson Guest

    Big wrote:
    > And Not supported with TVtool..
    >
    > Don't forget the Screen modes must be similar to the TV Mode, ala 60hz frame
    > etc, and 800 x 600..

    any GeForce card can do simultaneous clone or span output to TV without
    TVtool. not sure what you're referring to RE the Hz... my monitor runs
    at 85Hz, the TV at 50Hz, both different res.

    Paul Gunson, Oct 12, 2003
  6. cOKe

    Paul Mathews Guest

    On Mon, 13 Oct 2003 11:15:07 +1300, Paul Gunson
    <> wrote:

    >Big wrote:
    >> And Not supported with TVtool..
    >>
    >> Don't forget the Screen modes must be similar to the TV Mode, ala 60hz frame
    >> etc, and 800 x 600..

    >any GeForce card can do simultaneous clone or span output to TV without
    >TVtool. not sure what you're referring to RE the Hz... my monitor runs
    >at 85Hz, the TV at 50Hz, both different res.

    TVtool lets you select different TV rates, can you do that with out it..?

    Paul Mathews, Oct 13, 2003
  7. cOKe

    Paul Gunson Guest

    Paul Mathews wrote:
    > TVtool lets you select different TV rates, can you do that with out it..?

    by rates if you mean different PAL/NTSC resolutions and frequencies,
    then yes you can change that in display settings. a few GeForce cards
    (440MX for example) have nVidia's own custom TVout chip and won't be
    reconized by TVtool which is a shame.

    Paul Gunson, Oct 13, 2003
  8. cOKe

    RecylerMan Guest

    Big wrote:
    > On Mon, 13 Oct 2003 07:27:42 +1300, RecylerMan <0.nz>
    > wrote:
    >

    >>cOKe wrote:
    >>

    >>>What card would you recommend for this? I don't need a really high spec
    >>>card, won't be playing too many games!
    >>>Just want one that can give a signal to a CRT Monitor and at the same time
    >>>to a Television via a S-Video cable...
    >>>
    >>>Oh and can this be done???
    >>>
    >>>Cheers,
    >>>

    >>>cOKe
    >>>

    >>a very cheep sis6326 can do this

    > And Not supported with TVtool..
    >
    > Don't forget the Screen modes must be similar to the TV Mode, ala 60hz frame
    > etc, and 800 x 600..
    >
    > TVtool lets you use other modes..

    TVtool not needed you can watch a boot up on tv and also do things in
    bios play dos games all without TVtool the rest of the control is done
    in the widows driver and it just works no third party softwere needed....

    RecylerMan, Oct 13, 2003