    Are these output drops from the input queue on the interface?

    Thanks
    Frank
    spec, Aug 1, 2006

  2. spec

    Guest

    spec wrote:
    > Hi all, from "show interface":
    >
    > Input queue: 0/75/0/0 (size/max/drops/flushes); Total output drops:
    > 115667298
    >
    > Are these output drops from the input queue on the interface?
    >
    > Thanks
    > Frank

    Output drops, strangely enough, are packets that have been
    dropped because the Output queue was full.

    I see the potential confusion but the idea is that the semi-colon
    seperates the Input queue info from the "total output drops" bit.

    That by the way is way-too-many output drops.
    Does depend on when they ocurred of course, could be historic.
    , Aug 1, 2006

  3. Hi Frank,

    You may wish to investigate "identify five possible problem states in
    the interface status line of the show interfaces serial display."

    http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk713/tk628/technologies_tech_note09186a00800a758d.shtml#topic2

    found on Cisco's Troubleshooting Serial Line Problems:

    http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk713/tk628/technologies_tech_note09186a00800a758d.shtml

    Hope this helps.

    Brad Reese
    http://www.bradreese.com/cisco-power-supply-inventory.htm