OUTPOST Pro v2.0 scope - XP bridging network

Discussion in 'Computer Security' started by Nice4, Oct 7, 2003.

  1. Nice4

    Nice4 Guest

    Can anyone help me out on this concerns. I have XP currently bridging
    to a router which has more PC hookup to it.

    !----- Outpost ---!
    nic -> XP -> nic -> router -> more PCs

    This XP provides internet feed to all other PCs on the network via a
    router. I have OUTPOST Pro installed on this XP machine and OUTPOST
    works nicely, I do see requests from other PCs when I in monitoring
    mode, also when I put the cursor on the icon, I see it reports a range
    192.168.0.2-192.168.0.50, does this mean this OUTPOST firewall
    currently protecting all PC with in this range of IP address ?

    In OUTPOST setup, I have manually specify all static IP of all my PCs
    including the router's IP address for NETBIOS connection allows but
    not as trust zone.

    Well, if my assumption were wrong, then what is the scope of this
    OUTPOST as mentioned above ? I definitely try to aviod install more
    copy of this firewall on each of the PCs if possible.
    Nice4, Oct 7, 2003