    the exchange network I am denied access. I have tried the Web Access
    option which is very good, but I would prefer to work from Outlook
    rather than thru the web if that is possible. Thanks.
    Joe Blowfish, Nov 22, 2004

  2. Joe Blowfish

    Rupert Guest

    for that you will either have to enable pop access on the server, or have a
    virtual private network to your work network and the connect as usual,
    however it will be much slower esp on dialup!

    Rupert, Nov 22, 2004

  3. Joe Blowfish wrote:
    > Hi, at work I can connect to the exchange server for all the Outlook
    > email things. Now when I take this laptop home I want to be able to
    > dial up to the server and download emails, but because I am now off
    > the exchange network I am denied access. I have tried the Web Access
    > option which is very good, but I would prefer to work from Outlook
    > rather than thru the web if that is possible. Thanks.

    talk to your IT support team, or if you dont have one, talk to whoever
    handles your companies IT support... and if no-one, start reading :)
    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Nov 22, 2004
  4. Joe Blowfish

    C9H8O4 Guest

    > Hi, at work I can connect to the exchange server for all the Outlook
    > email things. Now when I take this laptop home I want to be able to
    > dial up to the server and download emails, but because I am now off
    > the exchange network I am denied access. I have tried the Web Access
    > option which is very good, but I would prefer to work from Outlook
    > rather than thru the web if that is possible. Thanks.

    What you want is RPC over HTTP:

    http://www.microsoft.com/office/ork/2003/three/ch8/OutC07.htm
    C9H8O4, Nov 22, 2004
  5. Joe Blowfish

    Enkidu Guest

    On Mon, 22 Nov 2004 17:52:16 +1300, "C9H8O4"
    <> wrote:

    >"Joe Blowfish" <> wrote in message
    >> Hi, at work I can connect to the exchange server for all the Outlook
    >> email things. Now when I take this laptop home I want to be able to
    >> dial up to the server and download emails, but because I am now off
    >> the exchange network I am denied access. I have tried the Web Access
    >> option which is very good, but I would prefer to work from Outlook
    >> rather than thru the web if that is possible. Thanks.

    >What you want is RPC over HTTP:
    >
    >http://www.microsoft.com/office/ork/2003/three/ch8/OutC07.htm

    Hmm, Aspirin or Caffeine?

    Cheers,

    Cliff
    --

    These twin-CPU hyperthreading computers are really
    great! We can wait ten to a hundred times faster
    Enkidu, Nov 22, 2004
  6. Joe Blowfish

    C9H8O4 Guest

    "Enkidu" <> wrote in message
    > On Mon, 22 Nov 2004 17:52:16 +1300, "C9H8O4"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>"Joe Blowfish" <> wrote in message
    >>> Hi, at work I can connect to the exchange server for all the Outlook
    >>> email things. Now when I take this laptop home I want to be able to
    >>> dial up to the server and download emails, but because I am now off
    >>> the exchange network I am denied access. I have tried the Web Access
    >>> option which is very good, but I would prefer to work from Outlook
    >>> rather than thru the web if that is possible. Thanks.

    >>What you want is RPC over HTTP:
    >>
    >>http://www.microsoft.com/office/ork/2003/three/ch8/OutC07.htm
    >>

    > Hmm, Aspirin or Caffeine?
    >
    > Cheers,
    >
    > Cliff
    > --
    >
    > These twin-CPU hyperthreading computers are really
    > great! We can wait ten to a hundred times faster
    > these days.

    the former
    C9H8O4, Nov 22, 2004
  7. Joe Blowfish wrote:
    > Hi, at work I can connect to the exchange server for all the Outlook
    > email things. Now when I take this laptop home I want to be able to
    > dial up to the server and download emails, but because I am now off
    > the exchange network I am denied access. I have tried the Web Access
    > option which is very good, but I would prefer to work from Outlook
    > rather than thru the web if that is possible. Thanks.

    Talk to your IT staff at work, as suggested in another reply. You have
    several options, in order of preference:

    RPC over HTTP(s) if you use Exchange 2003, Outlook 2003, and WinXP SP1 or
    SP2.
    VPN (any versions of Exchange/Outlook)
    IMAP
    POP (I don't recommend this)
    Lanwench [MVP - Exchange], Nov 22, 2004
  8. Joe Blowfish

    AD. Guest

    On Mon, 22 Nov 2004 08:31:14 -0500, Lanwench [MVP - Exchange] wrote:

    > Talk to your IT staff at work, as suggested in another reply. You have
    > several options, in order of preference:
    >
    > RPC over HTTP(s) if you use Exchange 2003, Outlook 2003, and WinXP SP1 or
    > SP2.
    > VPN (any versions of Exchange/Outlook) IMAP
    > POP (I don't recommend this)

    And for the extra masochistic among you - RAS (if it still exists hehe)

    Cheers
    Anton
    AD., Nov 22, 2004
  9. Joe Blowfish

    Joe Blowfish Guest

    "Rupert" <> wrote in message news:<cnrmgd$9ta$>...
    > for that you will either have to enable pop access on the server, or have a
    > virtual private network to your work network and the connect as usual,
    > however it will be much slower esp on dialup!
    >
    > "Joe Blowfish" <> wrote in message
    > > Hi, at work I can connect to the exchange server for all the Outlook
    > > email things. Now when I take this laptop home I want to be able to
    > > dial up to the server and download emails, but because I am now off
    > > the exchange network I am denied access. I have tried the Web Access
    > > option which is very good, but I would prefer to work from Outlook
    > > rather than thru the web if that is possible. Thanks.

    Thanks for the reply. I have setup the VPN connection and it works
    great, even if it's a little slow, no matter. Much appreciated!
    Joe Blowfish, Nov 23, 2004