    will not hi-light or do a spellcheck

    Many thanks in advance

    Colin Williams

    Colin Williams, Sep 19, 2003

  2. Colin Williams

    why? Guest

    On Fri, 19 Sep 2003 11:06:09 +0000 (UTC), Colin Williams wrote:

    >Hi,
    >can one of you learned people out there tell me how I can get a spellchecker
    >to work on my new XP home system, as the check box in the outlook express
    >will not hi-light or do a spellcheck

    Try www.google.com
    Searched English pages for outlook spellcheck.

    Just for starters......

    Getting spellcheck to work in Outlook Express XP
    Spell check not working in XP Outlook Express. ... 13. Go into Outlook
    Express, open Tools - Options and then go to the Spelling tab. ...
    www.michaelstevenstech.com/spellcheck.htm - 42k - 18 Sep 2003 - Cached -
    Similar pages

    Outlook Express spellcheck with XP
    Outlook Express spellcheck with XP. ... Can anyone help? Follow Ups: Re:
    Outlook
    Express spellcheck with XP patricio Bárnum-pruitt 12:35:36 6/23/103 (2):
    www.pl.net/wwwboard/messages/527.html - 4k - Cached - Similar pages

    Re: Outlook Express spellcheck with XP
    Re: Outlook Express spellcheck with XP. ... In Reply to: Outlook
    Express spellcheck
    with XP posted by Eddie van Uden on September 23, 19102 at 09:51:09:
    www.pl.net/wwwboard/messages/810.html - 4k - Cached - Similar pages
    [ More results from www.pl.net ]

    Repair SpellCheck in XP Outlook Express
    Repair SpellCheck in XP Outlook Express. Open Windows Explorer and
    navigate to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Proof; ...
    www.theeldergeek.com/oe_spellcheck.htm - 44k - Cached - Similar pages

    Me

    why?, Sep 19, 2003

  3. Colin Williams

    Philip SC Guest

    > can one of you learned people out there tell me how I can get a
    spellchecker
    > to work on my new XP home system, as the check box in the outlook express
    > will not hi-light or do a spellcheck
    >
    > Many thanks in advance

    If Outlook is anything like Outlook Express, then it will not have its own
    spell-checker, but uses the one that gets installed by Office (for Word,
    Excel etc).

    Philip SC, Sep 19, 2003
  4. Colin Williams

    Stevo Guest

    Colin Williams wrote:
    > Hi,
    > can one of you learned people out there tell me how I can get a
    > spellchecker to work on my new XP home system, as the check box in
    > the outlook express will not hi-light or do a spellcheck
    >
    > Many thanks in advance
    >
    > Colin Williams

    The native spellcheck in Outlook Express is actually the one from Microsoft
    Office/Word, so if you don't have that installed then you have no spell
    checker..

    That said, there ard 3rd party apps that do the same job... sorry, but as I
    don't use them, I can't point you to them...

    --
    Stevo
    (pull the PIN to reply by e-mail)

    Stevo, Sep 19, 2003