    get email from me.
    Cordially
    ypauls

    John Doe, Sep 26, 2004

  2. John Doe

    Pepperoni Guest

    Spell checker isn't a normal part of OE, but a part of Office. I got mine
    by installing Front Page.

    "John Doe" <> wrote in message
    > Dear Experts
    > A few months ago I was having problems with my Outlook spell checker. It
    > gives the error message that the spell checker was halted due to an error
    > but gives no indication of the problem.
    > One very knowedgable person knew how to fix it, but I did not keep the

    note
    > (I was not planning on ever reinstalling the program).
    > If anyone recalls how to fix this, I will be most grateful, as will all

    who

    Pepperoni, Sep 26, 2004

  3. John Doe

    Tickettyboo Guest

    In news:,
    John Doe whispered softly in my ear....:
    > Dear Experts
    > A few months ago I was having problems with my Outlook spell checker.
    > It gives the error message that the spell checker was halted due to
    > an error but gives no indication of the problem.
    > One very knowedgable person knew how to fix it, but I did not keep
    > the note (I was not planning on ever reinstalling the program).
    > If anyone recalls how to fix this, I will be most grateful, as will
    > all who get email from me.
    > Cordially
    > ypauls

    I just lurk in here and am no expert, but if the solution was given in a
    newsgroup, then try doing an advanced search on Google Groups. You can
    specify the ng to be searched and also a date range and particular words.
    This will return all posts for those criteria, one of which may be the one
    you are looking for.
    I use it a lot :)
    --
    Ticketty᧧

    Tickettyboo, Sep 26, 2004
  4. John Doe

    WebWalker Guest

    On Sat, 25 Sep 2004 21:25:44 -0700, "John Doe" <> wrote:

    >Dear Experts
    >A few months ago I was having problems with my Outlook spell checker. It
    >gives the error message that the spell checker was halted due to an error
    >but gives no indication of the problem.
    >One very knowedgable person knew how to fix it, but I did not keep the note
    >(I was not planning on ever reinstalling the program).
    >If anyone recalls how to fix this, I will be most grateful, as will all who
    >get email from me.

    If you talking about Outlook from the Microsoft's Office suite. You can
    actually "repair" it instead of "reinstall" it.

    --
    WebWalker

    WebWalker, Oct 2, 2004
  5. John Doe

    John Doe Guest

    Dear WebWalker
    Mine is the '97 version (Ancient) but it does what I need.
    If there is a repair feature on this version, how do I access it?
    Much thanks
    J. Doe

    John Doe, Oct 2, 2004
  6. John Doe

    WebWalker Guest

    On Sat, 2 Oct 2004 10:50:40 -0700, "John Doe" <> wrote:

    >Dear WebWalker
    >Mine is the '97 version (Ancient) but it does what I need.
    >If there is a repair feature on this version, how do I access it?
    >Much thanks
    >J. Doe

    I not quite sure because I no longer using 97 version but you try to
    remove it from Control Panel > Add & Remove programs ...

    A Windows will pop-up and check out whether it has "repair" option.

    --
    WebWalker

    WebWalker, Oct 4, 2004