    Any help with this issue would be GREAT- re-creating the hundreds of rules
    will be a bummer.

    Om

    Om_Audio, Dec 11, 2005

  2. Om_Audio

    Guest Guest

    "Om_Audio" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Ok- 2002 has .pst file that we imported to 2003- and we exported rules
    > from 2002 as well (we have LOTS of folders/subfolders/rules)
    >
    > When we import the rules they all get disabled and all the "move to
    > specified" folder get reset to Inbox. it's like 2003 can't find the
    > destination folders even though they are there.
    >
    > Any help with this issue would be GREAT- re-creating the hundreds of rules
    > will be a bummer.

    Why would you recreate all the rules (which sounds like you have way too
    many and haven't bothered to use the stop-clause and use Boolean logic to
    combine them) when all you have to do is update them to point to the correct
    folder? I would think editing those rules that are disabled because they
    don't the destination folder would be easier than having to rewrite them
    from scratch. But maybe now would be a good time to figure out how to
    combine and reduce your rule count.

    I doubt Outlook uses the name of the folder. How would it know which folder
    to use if then have the same name? Yes, different folders can have the same
    name. It has pointers to the folders so if you rename or move them then it
    still knows where it is in your current message store. When you imported
    the rules, all those pointers are meaningless (except maybe for the default
    and fixed set of minimum folders).

    There are newsgroups just for Outlook.

    Guest, Dec 11, 2005