    towards importing the items in.

    Kind Regards
    Ben
    Ben Lord, Sep 26, 2003

  2. Ben Lord wrote:
    > Hi there,
    >
    > I've got Windows XP on my laptop and up until this week was using
    > this as my main system.
    >
    > It has Outlook 2000 on it and I've just got a system with Windows
    > 2000 and Outlook 2000 on it.
    >
    > I want to transfer all my e-mails from the laptop via. the PST into
    > the new Win 2000/Outlook 2000 PC. I have retrieved the Outlook.pst
    > file from the laptop and burnt this to CD-R, put it onto my PC OK but
    > then when I got to the Import/Export command in Outlook, its not
    > actually doing anything towards importing the items in.

    > Kind Regards
    > Ben

    You need to copy the pST to your HDD and remove the "Read-Only" attribute.
    Also try just opening it in Outlook, don't import.

    HTH

    --
    Google is your Friend
    gordonATgbpcomputingDOTcoDOTuk

    Gordon Burgess-Parker, Sep 26, 2003

  3. Ben Lord

    Ben Lord Guest

    "Gordon Burgess-Parker" <> wrote in message
    > Ben Lord wrote:
    > > Hi there,
    > >
    > > I've got Windows XP on my laptop and up until this week was using
    > > this as my main system.
    > >
    > > It has Outlook 2000 on it and I've just got a system with Windows
    > > 2000 and Outlook 2000 on it.
    > >
    > > I want to transfer all my e-mails from the laptop via. the PST into
    > > the new Win 2000/Outlook 2000 PC. I have retrieved the Outlook.pst
    > > file from the laptop and burnt this to CD-R, put it onto my PC OK but
    > > then when I got to the Import/Export command in Outlook, its not
    > > actually doing anything towards importing the items in.

    > > Kind Regards
    > > Ben

    > You need to copy the pST to your HDD and remove the "Read-Only" attribute.
    > Also try just opening it in Outlook, don't import.
    >
    > HTH
    >

    > --
    > Google is your Friend
    > Email address deliberately false to avoid spam:
    > gordonATgbpcomputingDOTcoDOTuk
    > www.gbpcomputing.co.uk

    Have tried that but it says that "Properties for this Information Service
    must be defined prior to use"

    Any Ideas

    --
    Kind Regards