    yes I am a cheapskate.

    In the end if I have to buy one then so be it, but in the meantime could
    someone be so good to point me in the direction of a free recovery tool
    Bibble Babble, Feb 6, 2004

  2. Bibble Babble

    trout Guest

    Bibble Babble wrote:

    > Hi, well the first sign of ageing is upon me, I cannot remember the
    > password to my pst file from a couple of months ago, it was the same
    > my login password back then for ease of rememberance, but duh I have
    > changed my passwords a few times since then.
    >
    > I've searched google and I can only find recovery tools that want
    > payment, yes I am a cheapskate.
    >
    > In the end if I have to buy one then so be it, but in the meantime
    > could someone be so good to point me in the direction of a free
    > recovery tool

    It seems to depend upon the version and OS. If it's 'older'; you may
    be able to use the 'Outlook PST Password strip'. See:

    "Good luck."
    trout, Feb 6, 2004

  3. Bibble Babble

    Iceman Guest

    "Bibble Babble" <> wrote in message
    > Hi, well the first sign of ageing is upon me, I cannot remember the

    password
    > to my pst file from a couple of months ago, it was the same my login
    > password back then for ease of rememberance, but duh I have changed my
    > passwords a few times since then.
    >
    > I've searched google and I can only find recovery tools that want payment,
    > yes I am a cheapskate.
    >
    > In the end if I have to buy one then so be it, but in the meantime could
    > someone be so good to point me in the direction of a free recovery tool

    See if this helps:
    http://pwp.netcabo.pt/rsoutlook/us/pstus.htm
    Iceman, Feb 6, 2004
  4. Thanks for this, worked a treat

    Bibble Babble, Feb 7, 2004
  5. Bibble Babble

    zxr

    Joined:
    Dec 20, 2007
    Messages:
    2
    Hi,even if you forget the password for the encrypted PST file, you can still decrypt it by using Advanced Outlook Repair. Advanced Outlook Repair can decrypt all the encrypted data and convert it into a new PST file that doesn't require a password. You can visit http://www.datanumen.com/aor/problems/outlook-password.htm to get more detailed information.
    http://www.datanumen.com/aor/ contains detailed information about Advanced Outlook Repair.
    And you can also download a free demo version at http://www.datanumen.com/aor/aor.exe
    Alan
    zxr, Dec 21, 2007
  6. Bibble Babble

    jacksparrow

    Joined:
    Feb 16, 2009
    Messages:
    1
    In the field of data recovery stellar phoenix is a good name and the software which they produce is really high quality .One of his pst recovery software is very good to recover corrupted pst files ..
    jacksparrow, Feb 16, 2009
  7. Bibble Babble

    wangdong

    Joined:
    Oct 14, 2009
    Messages:
    1
    Hi,

    Wangdong
    wangdong, Oct 14, 2009
  8. Bibble Babble

    juicyesn

    Joined:
    Mar 5, 2010
    Messages:
    1
    Well you can manually recover your lost PST password with the command Pst19upg.exe -i filename.psx then press enter. After using this command your pst files will be free from password and you can easily again use your outlook files. You can also recover pst password with the assist of pst password recovery tool. Do a web search for good password recovery tool as there are numerous In the markets….
    juicyesn, Mar 8, 2010
  9. Bibble Babble

    john_mayer1981

    Joined:
    Jul 2, 2010
    Messages:
    4
    PST Password

    A PSTable is the data file used to store all your messages, calendar events, and other items in Microsoft Outlook and other Microsoft software.
    PST files are extremely important for your mails.
    PST store the 32 bit CRC32 hash value of the password entered by the user. When a PST file is opened using any version of Outlook it’ll check the hash value stored in it.
    The problem with CRC32 hash is the fact that a lot of strings can have the same CRC32 hash.This means for a single 32 bit hash value there will be a lot of different but correct passwords!
    PST Password Recovery tools are user friendly graphical interface and equipped with safe algorithms. All the techniques are safe and non-destructive to marintain complete data integrity.

    SysInfoTools PST Password Recovery Software is the best utility to recover lost PST file password.
    It can recover PST Password for files created with Outlook 2007, 2003, 2002 and 2000. It is compatible with Windows Vista, XP, 2003 and 2000.
    john_mayer1981, Jul 2, 2010
  10. Bibble Babble

    mark888

    Joined:
    Jul 8, 2010
    Messages:
    1
    outlook password recovery

    As far as I know there a are a lot of ways to solve your problem and the easiest one of them is

    to use program designed to see to such problem!
    And I have tried many of them, according to my experience, I recommend you the Outlook Password

    Recovery .It not only recovers Password to Open but removes Password to Open and Password to

    Modify for you to view and edit MS Access database files easily.
    And I google the address for you. it is

    Or assword Recovery Bundle : a must-have toolkit to recover/remove/reset passwords for Windows,

    Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook, Outlook Express, PDF, RAR/WinRAR, ZIP/WinZIP, MSN, AOL,

    Google Talk, Paltalk, Trillian, Miranda, Opera, Firefox and IE Browser , etc. Over 21 types of

    passwords can be Recovered instantly
    mark888, Jul 8, 2010
  11. Bibble Babble

    nimd4