Outlook PST Error

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Ben Lord, Sep 26, 2003.

  1. Ben Lord

    Ben Lord Guest

    Hi there,

    I've got Windows XP on my laptop and up until this week was using this as my
    main system.

    It has Outlook 2000 on it and I've just got a system with Windows 2000 and
    Outlook 2000 on it.

    I want to transfer all my e-mails from the laptop via. the PST into the new
    Win 2000/Outlook 2000 PC. I have retrieved the Outlook.pst file from the
    laptop and burnt this to CD-R, put it onto my PC OK but then when I got to
    the Import/Export command in Outlook, its not actually doing anything
    towards importing the items in.

    Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

    --
    Kind Regards
    Ben Lord

    Ben Lord, Sep 26, 2003

  2. Ben Lord

    Rob Guest

    All you need to do is point outlook to look at the PST file. You don't need
    to import. Copy it to someplace on the hard drive first, else you won't be
    able to download any new mail or modify the addressbook.

    --
    Rob B
    http://www.techhowto.org

    Rob, Sep 26, 2003

  3. Ben Lord

    Techtiger4

    Joined:
    Jul 8, 2009
    Messages:
    2
    I think you should first copy the PST file on your system's hard disk and then try to import it in Outlook. But if you still have any problem then it simply means your PST file has been damaged and need to be repaired. You can repair the PST file by using Nucleus's Outlook repair software that can be downloaded from Nucleus's Website.

    Techtiger4, Jul 8, 2009