Outlook Profiles?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by -- Sid --, Aug 23, 2003.

  1. -- Sid --

    -- Sid -- Guest

    Bonjour,

    I have two pop email accounts, one work and one home. Outlook 2002 on XP
    Pro is set up to send and receive on both.

    I want to sometimes be able to send from one address and othertimes from the
    other address.

    What I want to do is have something like a profile so when I start Outlook
    it asks me which account to use.

    I know you can have something like this when you use Outlook with Exchange.

    Basically I don't want to accidently send email to clients from the wrong
    account.

    Is something like this do-able?

    Thanks

    -- Sid --, Aug 23, 2003

  2. "-- Sid --" <> wrote in message
    > Bonjour,
    >
    > I have two pop email accounts, one work and one home. Outlook 2002 on XP
    > Pro is set up to send and receive on both.
    >
    > I want to sometimes be able to send from one address and othertimes from

    the
    > other address.
    >
    > What I want to do is have something like a profile so when I start Outlook
    > it asks me which account to use.
    >
    > I know you can have something like this when you use Outlook with

    Exchange.

    > Basically I don't want to accidently send email to clients from the wrong
    > account.
    >
    > Is something like this do-able?
    >
    > Thanks

    Go to Start > Control Panel > Mail. Click on the Show Profiles button.
    Select "Prompt for a profile to be used". Click Add... Enter a profile
    name, click OK. Enter the information to set up an email account.

    Let me know if that helps.

    Sentient Fluid, Aug 23, 2003

  3. -- Sid --

    Mr. Smiley Guest

    -- Sid -- wrote:
    > Bonjour,
    >
    > I have two pop email accounts, one work and one home. Outlook 2002
    > on XP Pro is set up to send and receive on both.
    >
    > I want to sometimes be able to send from one address and othertimes
    > from the other address.
    >
    > What I want to do is have something like a profile so when I start
    > Outlook it asks me which account to use.
    >
    > I know you can have something like this when you use Outlook with
    > Exchange.
    >
    > Basically I don't want to accidently send email to clients from the
    > wrong account.
    >
    > Is something like this do-able?
    >
    > Thanks

    Doesn't OL 2002 have a pull down menu for the from selection?
    OE does, I can send from any address. Profiles are messy things.

    --
    the abominable toner

    http://www.hal-pc.org/~toner27/

    Mr. Smiley, Aug 23, 2003