    Can someone help me ?
    Thanks
    Smita
    Smita, Nov 11, 2005

  2. Smita

    Duane Arnold Guest

    "Smita" <> wrote in news:1131687304.364689.15130
    @f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com:

    > hi , my outlook 2003 has suddenly stopped using MS WORD as an editor ,
    > its keeps saying an OLE error - and hence Outlook cannot find MS word ,
    > or its not installed.

    Have you installed anything on the machine prior to this?

    It seems that there is something not compatible anymore and that OLE error
    is a program error which could happen if a DLL that may be common to and
    used by several programs on the machine is out of sync or is outdated that
    was installed by some application install you did.

    Duane :)
    Duane Arnold, Nov 11, 2005

  3. Smita

    Dan Evans Guest

    "Smita" <> wrote in message
    > hi , my outlook 2003 has suddenly stopped using MS WORD as an editor ,

    Be thankful.

    Dan

    Dan Evans, Nov 11, 2005
  4. Smita

    Smita Guest

    Thanks Duane , i had installed Nero and then uninstalled it.. so may
    be in that process something has gone wrong ... is there a way to
    rectify this ?

    Thanks once again
    Smita
    Smita, Nov 11, 2005
  5. Smita wrote:

    > hi , my outlook 2003 has suddenly stopped using MS WORD as an
    > editor , its keeps saying an OLE error - and hence Outlook
    > cannot find MS word , or its not installed.

    That's a plus. What in God's name do you need Word for just to do
    email?

    --
    Blinky
    Killing all Google Groups posts.
    Blinky the Shark, Nov 11, 2005
  6. Smita

    Mitch Guest

    In article <Xns970B1FE23C800bnooz@130.133.1.4>, Blinky the Shark
    <> wrote:

    > That's a plus. What in God's name do you need Word for just to do
    > email?

    Amen!
    Several people have posted here about troubles getting Word to
    cooperate with the e-mail client, and how they like to use Word for all
    their e-mail...
    Huh?
    E-mail is almost always a short message with no formatting -- how can
    these people even consider this weird way to make e-mail so much harder
    than it is?
    Mitch, Nov 11, 2005
  7. Smita

    gangle Guest

    "Mitch" wrote
    > In article Blinky the Shark wrote:
    >
    > > That's a plus. What in God's name do you need Word for just to do
    > > email?

    > Amen!
    > Several people have posted here about troubles getting Word to
    > cooperate with the e-mail client, and how they like to use Word for all
    > their e-mail...
    > Huh?
    > E-mail is almost always a short message with no formatting -- how can
    > these people even consider this weird way to make e-mail so much
    > harder than it is?

    "God's name"? "Amen"? What the **** does religion have
    to do with email? Jesus H. Christ.
    gangle, Nov 11, 2005
  8. Smita

    Duane Arnold Guest

    "Smita" <> wrote in news:1131697373.424147.262740
    @g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

    > Thanks Duane , i had installed Nero and then uninstalled it.. so may
    > be in that process something has gone wrong ... is there a way to
    > rectify this ?
    >
    > Thanks once again
    > Smita

    I don't know that Nero is your problem. It's possible that Nero could
    have installed a common DLL that overlaid one on the machine that's
    outdated. It could be that you removed a DLL during the uninstall
    process. If the uninstall process asked about removing Dll(s) from the
    machine, I usually leave them unless I am sure that removing could only
    be used by that particular application and no one else.

    You could try installing Nero again and see if that leads to the problem
    being resloved but I can't think of a reason Nero and Outlook would be
    using a common Dll but it's possible.

    You could just wipe the machine out and I don't think you want to do
    that.

    Or if you have a legal copy of the O/S and Office 2003, you can contact
    MS to assist you in resolving the issue. MS may have a limited free
    support, which may be via email.

    Either way, there is something that has been overlaid or is missing
    that's causing the program to abort.

    Duane :)
    Duane Arnold, Nov 11, 2005
  9. Smita

    Dave Lear Guest

    "Smita" wrote in message

    > hi , my outlook 2003 has suddenly stopped using MS WORD
    > as an editor , its keeps saying an OLE error - and hence Outlook
    > cannot find MS word , or its not installed.
    >
    > I have reinstalled outlook and the whole MS OFFICE package
    > completely 3 times but still that error doesnt seem to go away.

    What is the *full* and *exact* error message you get from Outlook?

    What version of Windows are you running?
    Dave Lear, Nov 11, 2005
  10. Smita

    Dan Evans Guest

    "gangle" <> wrote in message

    > "Mitch" wrote
    >> In article Blinky the Shark wrote:
    >>
    >> > That's a plus. What in God's name do you need Word for just to do
    >> > email?

    >> Amen!
    >> Several people have posted here about troubles getting Word to
    >> cooperate with the e-mail client, and how they like to use Word for all
    >> their e-mail...
    >> Huh?
    >> E-mail is almost always a short message with no formatting -- how can
    >> these people even consider this weird way to make e-mail so much
    >> harder than it is?

    > "God's name"? "Amen"? What the **** does religion have
    > to do with email? Jesus H. Christ.

    "Christ on a bike, sExchange has shat itself again".

    How much more religeous do you want?

    Dan

    Dan Evans, Nov 11, 2005
  11. Dave Lear wrote:

    > "Smita" wrote in message
    >
    >> hi , my outlook 2003 has suddenly stopped using MS WORD
    >> as an editor , its keeps saying an OLE error - and hence
    >> Outlook cannot find MS word , or its not installed.
    >>
    >> I have reinstalled outlook and the whole MS OFFICE package
    >> completely 3 times but still that error doesnt seem to go away.

    > What is the *full* and *exact* error message you get from
    > Outlook?

    "Error 509327: Using Microsoft Word for email is like taking a .50
    calibre heavy machine gun to a Super Soaker party, so execution
    has been halted."

    Blinky the Shark, Nov 11, 2005
  12. Smita

    Frank Guest

    "Smita" <> wrote in message
    > hi , my outlook 2003 has suddenly stopped using MS WORD as an editor ,
    > its keeps saying an OLE error - and hence Outlook cannot find MS word ,
    > or its not installed.
    >
    > I have reinstalled outlook and the whole MS OFFICE package completely 3
    > times but still that error doesnt seem to go away.
    >
    > Can someone help me ?
    > Thanks
    > Smita

    Smita:

    Go to Microsoft.com click on office, then click on downloads and choose
    Office 2003 service pack 2. There are known issues with Nero Suite 6.0 and
    Office 2003. Mainly a few .ocx files and some .dll files.

    Download file to a empty folder on your desktop. Close all applications.
    Antivirus, Chat programs, Spyware filters.
    Run application. Follow the directions. Your system may need to reboot a few
    times durring this process.
    After which go back to Outlook everything should be fine.

    ***ONE exception to this rule.*** If you uninstalled nero and a screen came
    up and said "THIS/THESE shared DLL'S are no longer being used do you want to
    delete them Yes/No." If you said yes. You may have accidently erased some
    DLL's that belong to Your Windows operating system. If this has happened
    your OS "windows" maybe a bit unstable.
    You have a choice of letting it slide. Or back up everything you have and
    reinstall Windows.

    I know this can be a major pain. But Microsoft never tells anyone that some
    Sharred DLL's that come up in this un-install windows should Never be
    removed. And the result of removing them is a crippled Operating system.

    Let me know how it goes.

    Frank
    MCSE, MCSD, CCNA, Microsoft Beta Tester Tier III
    Frank, Nov 12, 2005