    Jim

    Tyneside - North East of England
    To email me directly omit the X from my address

    Jim Scott, Aug 31, 2004

  2. Jim Scott

    °Mike° Guest

    On Tue, 31 Aug 2004 16:40:14 +0100, in
    <>
    Jim Scott scrawled:

    >With most newsreaders, the headers are downloaded when the newsreader is
    >opened.

    With a GOOD newsreader, this is only true if you set it
    up to be so.

    >As far as I can see Outlook/OE only download headers when I
    >click on a newsgroup. Is there a way to set it/them so that all groups
    >download all groups unread headers so I do't have to wait each time?

    Create a separate shortcut for OE news, and make
    the target:

    "c:\program files\outlook express\msimn.exe" /news

    This will Open OE directly to your news folder.
    Now set your synchronisation settings, and set
    'Tools / Options / General ... 'Send and receive messages at startup'.

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Aug 31, 2004

  3. Jim Scott

    Jim Scott Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > On Tue, 31 Aug 2004 16:40:14 +0100, in
    > <>
    > Jim Scott scrawled:
    >
    > >With most newsreaders, the headers are downloaded when the newsreader is
    > >opened.

    > With a GOOD newsreader, this is only true if you set it
    > up to be so.
    >
    > >As far as I can see Outlook/OE only download headers when I
    > >click on a newsgroup. Is there a way to set it/them so that all groups
    > >download all groups unread headers so I do't have to wait each time?

    > Create a separate shortcut for OE news, and make
    > the target:
    >
    > "c:\program files\outlook express\msimn.exe" /news
    >
    > This will Open OE directly to your news folder.
    > Now set your synchronisation settings, and set
    > 'Tools / Options / General ... 'Send and receive messages at startup'.

    Oh sod it I'll do back to dithering as to whether I will use Gravity or
    Xnews :eek:)

    Jim Scott, Aug 31, 2004
  4. Jim Scott

    °Mike° Guest

    On Tue, 31 Aug 2004 19:05:30 +0100, in
    <>
    Jim Scott scrawled:

    >In article <>,
    >says...
    >> On Tue, 31 Aug 2004 16:40:14 +0100, in
    >> <>
    >> Jim Scott scrawled:
    >>
    >> >With most newsreaders, the headers are downloaded when the newsreader is
    >> >opened.

    >> With a GOOD newsreader, this is only true if you set it
    >> up to be so.
    >>
    >> >As far as I can see Outlook/OE only download headers when I
    >> >click on a newsgroup. Is there a way to set it/them so that all groups
    >> >download all groups unread headers so I do't have to wait each time?

    >> Create a separate shortcut for OE news, and make
    >> the target:
    >>
    >> "c:\program files\outlook express\msimn.exe" /news
    >>
    >> This will Open OE directly to your news folder.
    >> Now set your synchronisation settings, and set
    >> 'Tools / Options / General ... 'Send and receive messages at startup'.
    >>

    >Oh sod it I'll do back to dithering as to whether I will use Gravity or
    >Xnews :eek:)

    Sigh!

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Aug 31, 2004
  5. Jim Scott

    Jim Scott Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > On Tue, 31 Aug 2004 19:05:30 +0100, in
    > <>
    > Jim Scott scrawled:
    >
    > >In article <>,
    > >says...
    > >> On Tue, 31 Aug 2004 16:40:14 +0100, in
    > >> <>
    > >> Jim Scott scrawled:

    > >> With a GOOD newsreader, this is only true if you set it
    > >> up to be so.

    > >> Create a separate shortcut for OE news, and make
    > >> the target:
    > >>
    > >> "c:\program files\outlook express\msimn.exe" /news
    > >>
    > >> This will Open OE directly to your news folder.
    > >> Now set your synchronisation settings, and set
    > >> 'Tools / Options / General ... 'Send and receive messages at startup'.
    > >>

    > >Oh sod it I'll do back to dithering as to whether I will use Gravity or
    > >Xnews :eek:)

    > Sigh!

    Sorry :eek:)

    Jim Scott, Sep 1, 2004