Outlook - Multiple Email Accounts - Sent Items Rules

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Tom, Sep 8, 2005.

  1. Tom

    Tom Guest

    Hi guys,

    I have 2 email accounts on my computer: my personal one, and the one I
    use for work. When I send email through my personal email, a copy of it
    would go to the Sent Items folder, which is fine. But when I send an
    email using the work account, how do I make it automatically go to a
    folder I created instead of going straight to Sent Items?

    Until now, I went into each message's options and changed the "Save sent
    messages to" option to the folder I created. But this is tiring as I am
    sending many emails per day.

    I managed to create a rule to have sent messages from this account be
    COPIED to a specific folder, but this requires me to disable the option
    "Save copies of messages in Sent Items folder" (or "Save sent messages
    to" for specific messages) and set up the rule for all email accounts.

    This would actually work just fine, but the copied messages would be
    marked "Unread" and I'd have to go in and mark them as "Read."

    I'm trying to save myself steps.

    Using MS Outlook 2002.

    Thanks,
    Tom.

    Tom, Sep 8, 2005

  2. Tom

    MrGrumpy Guest

    You create a rule, within OL, to move mail to wherever.
    or this allows more control.
    http://www.outlookcode.com/d/code/setsavefolder.htm

    MrGrumpy, Sep 8, 2005

  3. Tom

    Tom Guest

    On Thu, 08 Sep 2005 09:42:06 GMT, "MrGrumpy" <> wrote:

    | You create a rule, within OL, to move mail to wherever.
    | or this allows more control.
    | http://www.outlookcode.com/d/code/setsavefolder.htm

    Thanks MrGrumpy.

    I'll check out the code. As for the code, as I said, rules for sent
    items would just allow me to COPY a message, not move.

    Thanks again.

    Tom, Sep 12, 2005
  4. Tom

    MrGrumpy Guest

    Depending how you configured OL, the rules can be set to move, not just copy

    MrGrumpy, Sep 13, 2005
  5. Tom

    Tom Guest

    On Tue, 13 Sep 2005 07:11:47 GMT, "MrGrumpy" <> wrote:

    | Depending how you configured OL, the rules can be set to move, not just copy

    As a habit, I go through every little option in a program I get. I found
    no option that relates to the Sent Items rules.

    What did I miss?

    Thanks, MrGrumpy.

    Tom, Sep 21, 2005
  6. Tom

    Tom Guest

    On Tue, 13 Sep 2005 07:11:47 GMT, "MrGrumpy" <> wrote:

    | Depending how you configured OL, the rules can be set to move, not just copy
    |
    | "Tom" <> wrote in message
    | > On Thu, 08 Sep 2005 09:42:06 GMT, "MrGrumpy" <> wrote:
    | >
    | > | You create a rule, within OL, to move mail to wherever.
    | > | or this allows more control.
    | > | http://www.outlookcode.com/d/code/setsavefolder.htm
    | >
    | > Thanks MrGrumpy.
    | >
    | > I'll check out the code. As for the code, as I said, rules for sent
    | > items would just allow me to COPY a message, not move.
    | >
    | > Thanks again.

    The rules screen with the options I get:
    http://us.f3.yahoofs.com/users/41ccf3a2z93a1f192/9dbe/__sr_/b4ed.jpg?pho0YMDB.AgN1qmm

    (Never tried uploading an image before. Hope this works.)

    Tom, Sep 21, 2005
  7. Tom

    Mitch Guest

    Mitch, Sep 21, 2005