    it? I have an icon for the default mail but can find no way to make one for
    the other account.
    thanks

    susan, Aug 3, 2007

  2. susan

    Gordon Guest

    "susan" <> wrote in message
    news:IkDsi.33614$...
    >I have two accounts set up with outlook. When I open the mail it of course
    >opens with the default. My question is can I make an icon for the other
    >account so that I can open it instead of the default and if so how do I do
    >it? I have an icon for the default mail but can find no way to make one for
    >the other account.
    > thanks

    I don't quite understand the question. When you add an email account to
    Outlook it doesn't create a different version of Outlook. It's all contained
    in the same file.
    Let me ask this: are you using Outlook, part of MS Office, or Outlook
    EXPRESS? (Do Help-about if you don't know). The reason for asking is that
    you CAN do something approaching to what you need, but the method depends on
    which email client you are using.

    HTH

    Gordon, Aug 3, 2007

  3. susan

    susan Guest

    Hi Gordon:
    I am using outlook because I can find no way to use outlook
    express which I much prefer. I realize that one file is used but my question
    is : is there anyway I can create an icon or some other method to open my
    secondary account in outlook without having to open the default account? I
    hope I have stated it a little better this time and that there is a
    solution.
    Thanks

    susan, Aug 3, 2007
  4. susan

    Gordon Guest

    "susan" <> wrote in message
    > Hi Gordon:
    > I am using outlook because I can find no way to use outlook
    > express which I much prefer. I realize that one file is used but my
    > question is : is there anyway I can create an icon or some other method to
    > open my secondary account in outlook without having to open the default
    > account? I hope I have stated it a little better this time and that there
    > is a solution.
    > Thanks

    The only way you can do this in Outlook (AFAIK) is to create a new Profile
    for the second email account. I'm not sure whether you can create an icon
    for each profile, but there is a setting when you create the new profile to
    be asked which profile you want to use on startup. So when you double-click
    on the Outlook icon it will ask you which profile you want to use.

    HTH

    Gordon, Aug 3, 2007
  5. susan

    susan Guest

    Thanks again Gordon, I'll give that a try.

    susan, Aug 3, 2007
  6. susan

    ProfGene Guest

    susan wrote:
    > I have two accounts set up with outlook. When I open the mail it of
    > course opens with the default. My question is can I make an icon for the
    > other account so that I can open it instead of the default and if so how
    > do I do it? I have an icon for the default mail but can find no way to
    > make one for the other account.
    > thanks

    I don't know if you can do that but you can make a separate login to
    Windows by creating a second user which doesn't really have to be
    another person but could be, then you could make the second mail account
    the default mail for that user name.

    ProfGene, Sep 15, 2007