    personal-information management application."

    Perhaps it would have been better if he hadn't used Outlook.

    Peter
    Peter, Oct 6, 2003

  2. Peter

    Big Guest

    Re: Outlook Insecurity << Simple just don't use it..

    With 100's of e-mail programs around their is no need to use MS crap..
    Big , Oct 6, 2003

  3. "Peter" <> wrote in message

    > Another lesson in why email security is important.
    > http://www.wired.com/news/games/0,2101,60701,00.html
    >
    > "someone hacked his e-mail account"
    > "He believes this happened through a hole in Microsoft's Outlook
    > personal-information management application."
    >
    > Perhaps it would have been better if he hadn't used Outlook.

    This is all _speculation_

    Gabe the MD says

    http://www.halflife2.net/forums/showthread.php?s=e6e7d0ce0abe19997425ef50fa7fe1df&threadid=10692

    "At some point, keystroke recorders got installed on several machines at
    Valve. Our speculation is that these were done via a buffer overflow in
    Outlook's preview pane"
    Nathan Mercer, Oct 6, 2003