    friends with the other so I kept the email account rather than spend
    hours letting everyone know and editing my accounts.

    thanks in advance.... JR

    Kong_1, Jul 8, 2006

  2. Kong_1

    Dingus Guest

    "Kong_1" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    |I have been running my business for a few years off of an AOL email
    | address. I change ISP's years ago but I am still using my AOL email
    | address. Anyway I am using Outlook to check my email and I set it up
    | like AOL said to..... And when I send recieve it deletes messages
    that
    | have been there over 3 days or whatever aol is set to and when I
    | delete something it stays in my way for days and doesn't move to the
    | "deleted" folder ...it stays in my inbox for 3 days. You can't set
    aol
    | to never delete your emails but is there a way to set Outlook to
    work
    | with AOL without Imap or just a setting to change to make it act
    like
    | it is a normal POP3 Server email so I can keep my emails as long as
    | want and delete them when I want? I have googled for day with no
    look
    | and check all through AOL's FAQ's . And please don't give me the AOL
    | sucks crap because I know ...thats is why I changed ISP's but I
    | already had 30 or so companys set to one aol account and hundreds of
    | friends with the other so I kept the email account rather than spend
    | hours letting everyone know and editing my accounts.
    |
    | thanks in advance.... JR

    That sounds like an Outlook setting issue. Outlook
    >Tools>Accounts>Hi-lite email account and choose properties>Advanced

    tab. ---There may be an answer under this tab.
    Also check Options under Tools>Options> Auto Archiving> Look over this
    group of settings for a clue.
    I'm Referencing OL 2k, so if your OL is earlier or later the path may
    be different.

    --
    Dingus says:
    Routinely Run - Disk Cleanup,