    archived in one of my folders to Outlook..?

    Thanks!

    Martin
    M@gic, Aug 11, 2004

  2. M@gic

    Kaius Guest

    If it's happening in Outlook, it must be happening in Word, Excel, etc...
    This is a new problem happening in Office XP. The only way to really fix
    it is to have the installation disc available, and let it install the
    necessary files to run it properly. You only have to do this once. It has
    something to do with a startup file that was probably deleted.

    "M@gic" <> wrote in message
    > Hi
    > Just started using Microsoft Outlook instead of Outlook Express for
    > emails...trouble is when I click on Send/Receive a window pops up called
    > Windows Installer with a message in saying Preparing to Install.
    > It then stays on while the download of email starts.
    > The download of the emails is SLOW...38 emails (with a total of only

    181kb)
    > took over 20 mins.
    > Even 2 emails with a total of under 3kb take 1 min to download.
    > I have tried the Detect & Repair button....no help.
    > I don't have this problem on my laptop where I don't have Outlook Express
    > installed at all....could the problem be something to do with the fact

    that

    Kaius, Aug 12, 2004

  3. M@gic

    M@gic Guest

    So I uninstall Outlook or the whole Office XP..?
    Will I lose my emails...?
    Is there a way I can save them?

    Thanks for your help

    Martin

    M@gic, Aug 12, 2004
  4. M@gic

    Stuart Guest

    M@gic wrote:

    > So I uninstall Outlook or the whole Office XP..?
    > Will I lose my emails...?
    > Is there a way I can save them?
    >
    > Thanks for your help
    >
    > Martin

    No, you just need to have your installation disc sitting in the drive
    and so when the 'prepare for install' window pops up it will find the cd
    and do whatever it needs, once it has done that you should not get the
    message again.

    Stuart
    Stuart, Aug 16, 2004