    Mailbox. Can anyone please tell me how I can disable Outlook from being my
    mail server? I have windows xp.
    thanks, Monika
    Monika, Feb 14, 2008

  2. Monika

    sdlomi2 Guest

    "Monika" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >I had gone into Outlook and since then it has taken over my Outlook Express
    >Mailbox. Can anyone please tell me how I can disable Outlook from being my
    >mail server? I have windows xp.
    > thanks, Monika

    From OE>Help>Index:
    "To use Outlook Express from your Web browser

    You can set Outlook Express to be your default e-mail program, so that
    whenever you click an e-mail link on a Web page or choose the e-mail command
    in your Web browser or newsreader, Outlook Express opens.

    Likewise, you can set Outlook Express to be your default newsreader, so that
    when you click a newsgroup link on a Web page or choose the newsreader
    command in your Web browser, Outlook Express opens.

    1.. On the Tools menu, click Options, and then click the General tab.
    2.. In the Default Messaging Programs area, click Make Default for news or
    e-mail. "
    .............. HTH, sdlomi2
    sdlomi2, Feb 14, 2008

  3. Monika

    Monika Guest

    thank you so much for the instructions. Everything is back to normal again.
    Monika

    Monika, Feb 14, 2008
  4. Monika

    old man Guest

    Uninstall outlook, or configure it not to send recieve, or poll for mail

    old man, Feb 14, 2008
  5. Monika

    Guest

    On 14 Feb, 16:17, "old man" <> wrote:
    > Uninstall outlook, or configure it not to send recieve, or poll for mail
    >
    > "Monika" <> wrote in message

    > > thank you so much for the instructions. Everything is back to normal
    > > again.
    > > Monika

    > > "sdlomi2" <> wrote in message

    > >> "Monika" <> wrote in message

    > >> From OE>Help>Index:
    > >> "To use Outlook Express from your Web browser

    > >> You can set Outlook Express to be your default e-mail program, so that
    > >> whenever you click an e-mail link on a Web page or choose the e-mail
    > >> command in your Web browser or newsreader, Outlook Express opens.

    > >> Likewise, you can set Outlook Express to be your default newsreader, so
    > >> that when you click a newsgroup link on a Web page or choose the
    > >> newsreader command in your Web browser, Outlook Express opens.

    > >> 1.. On the Tools menu, click Options, and then click the General tab.
    > >> 2.. In the Default Messaging Programs area, click Make Default for news
    > >> or e-mail. "
    > >> ............. HTH, sdlomi2

    Outlook > Outlook express :D

    http://homenet.mypressonline.com - Home networking resource site,
    articles, reviews and guides.
    , Feb 14, 2008
  6. Monika

    richard Guest

    On Thu, 14 Feb 2008 16:17:03 GMT, "old man" <>
    wrote:

    >Uninstall outlook, or configure it not to send recieve, or poll for mail
    >
    >"Monika" <> wrote in message
    >> thank you so much for the instructions. Everything is back to normal
    >> again.
    >> Monika
    >>

    >> "sdlomi2" <> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> "Monika" <> wrote in message
    >>>>

    >>> From OE>Help>Index:
    >>> "To use Outlook Express from your Web browser
    >>>
    >>> You can set Outlook Express to be your default e-mail program, so that
    >>> whenever you click an e-mail link on a Web page or choose the e-mail
    >>> command in your Web browser or newsreader, Outlook Express opens.
    >>>
    >>> Likewise, you can set Outlook Express to be your default newsreader, so
    >>> that when you click a newsgroup link on a Web page or choose the
    >>> newsreader command in your Web browser, Outlook Express opens.
    >>>
    >>> 1.. On the Tools menu, click Options, and then click the General tab.
    >>> 2.. In the Default Messaging Programs area, click Make Default for news
    >>> or e-mail. "
    >>> ............. HTH, sdlomi2

    You could just simply find the folder and rename it to "no-outlook".
    That way, when something wants to open it, it can't be found so it's
    assumed the program is not there.
    If and when you decide to use it, it's still there waiting for you.
    richard, Feb 14, 2008