    TIA
    --
    Tony Sayer
    tony sayer, Aug 22, 2006

  2. tony sayer

    - Bobb - Guest

    If you are not familiar with this - make a copy of everything before
    messing with anything.
    To check his email file you can do a scan of the "C:\program files "
    folder for scanpst.exe
    run it and point to the "new copy of the bad .pst file"
    If it's a big file, don't be surprised if it takes a while - there are 7
    phases. The first 4 can take a long time.
    If/when it finds an error, it will ask " Repair file?"
    If really bad you may see that prompt a LOT (10, 20, 50,100 times)
    When it finishes you'll get a message stating the results

    Go to microsoft.com and search for scanpst.exe - there's probably a
    screen-shot walkthru there.

    Do you know :
    Is it his PROFILE that's bad or the EMAIL file (.pst) OR Address Book
    (.pab).
    It SOUNDS like his profile - if both his email and address book are
    bad.

    Try this -
    control panel - mail
    (or right-click on OUTLOOK on his desktop)

    create new profile - call it "Good"
    map Good's email to the existing pst file
    map Good's address book to the exisiting pab file
    Set Good to be the default profile (from the drop-down)

    Let us know how it goes.
    Bobb

    - Bobb -, Aug 23, 2006

  3. tony sayer

    - Bobb - Guest

    PS - youyour buddy can get to a Outlook news group at
    msnews.microsoft.com
    and browse - Outlook

    - Bobb -, Aug 23, 2006